It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exception when trying to display planned items

Benjamin DeVore (1633) | asked Mar 13 '12, 2:09 p.m.
I'm running into an annoying issue with RTC CCM where I cannot view a plan. When I try to view one of my sprints I get the following exception message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.workitem.WorkflowActionSerializable.getActionResultState(WorkflowActionSerializable.java:94)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.workitem.WorkflowActionSerializable.serialize(WorkflowActionSerializable.java:60)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.workitem.WorkflowActionSerializable.serialize(WorkflowActionSerializable.java:1)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.AbstractUIItemSerializable.serialize(AbstractUIItemSerializable.java:1)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.WebUISerializer.buildDTOs(WebUISerializer.java:364)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.PlanRestService.postGetItems2(PlanRestService.java:746)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor469.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370)

After that there isn't much displayed; I get the name of my sprint and the number of work items (total/open/closed). The plan details section shows 'Pending...' for all fields and the 'View As' dropdown is empty. Nothing displays after that. I'm running version 3.0.1.2 on db2.

Thanks,
-Ben

One answer

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Mar 27 '12, 8:56 a.m.
I'm running into an annoying issue with RTC CCM where I cannot view a plan. When I try to view one of my sprints I get the following exception message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.workitem.WorkflowActionSerializable.getActionResultState(WorkflowActionSerializable.java:94)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.workitem.WorkflowActionSerializable.serialize(WorkflowActionSerializable.java:60)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.workitem.WorkflowActionSerializable.serialize(WorkflowActionSerializable.java:1)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.AbstractUIItemSerializable.serialize(AbstractUIItemSerializable.java:1)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.WebUISerializer.buildDTOs(WebUISerializer.java:364)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.PlanRestService.postGetItems2(PlanRestService.java:746)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor469.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370)

After that there isn't much displayed; I get the name of my sprint and the number of work items (total/open/closed). The plan details section shows 'Pending...' for all fields and the 'View As' dropdown is empty. Nothing displays after that. I'm running version 3.0.1.2 on db2.

Thanks,
-Ben

Does the problem occur for the plan both in eclipse and in the web ? does it happen for all views of the plan ? Can you make a query for the workitems on the plan and try to move them out of the plan and then move them back one by one to find the item that makes the plan fail ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.