It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAFW - Promote mode

oreste egidio (4113020) | asked Jun 14 '10, 2:59 a.m.
I understand that with a promote I can copy configuration data file from one environment to other environment.
But I don't understand how to use this feature on a Web interface.
The scenario that I want to implement is:
Read a Datasource configuration from one environment and promote it in other environment.
But if I select Promote, via Web interface I''m not able to insert the target environment.

What's wrong?

Bets regards

One answer

permanent link
Timothy Robertson (216143) | answered Jun 15 '10, 7:00 p.m.
The libraries provided in Build Forge are intended to be an example of possible configurations and usage that you might find helpful. They certainly won't handle every configuration out of the box. The typical use case would be to run the RAFW promote mode commands from the command line, and once you have the commands working from the command line, create a Build Forge library with parameters. You can then use your custom library in your projects to run the promote steps in a manner appropriate to your environment.

Here is the link to the RAFW Information Center section on promote mode:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rafwhelp/v7r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rafw.common.doc/topics/c_promote_overview_top.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.