It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

step result

shiran shem tov (1211114) | asked Oct 12 '10, 9:43 a.m.
Hi,

I have a project with 5 steps.
In the third step i want to know if the result of the second step is pass or fail. do i have a way to know this?

Thanks,
shiran

2 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Oct 12 '10, 3:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

In the third step i want to know if the result of the second step is pass or fail. do i have a way to know this?

Thanks,
shiran

Hi shiran,

There are a couple of options that I think you could pursue. The harder one is to use the API to query back into the system to determine the result of a particular step.

The other solution that I think you might like better is to add pass and fail chains to the second step. In those pass/fail projects, you could have them write a file or into a file whether the step was successful. Then in the third step, you could check for the existence of the file or contents of the file to determine whether step 2 was successful.

bju

permanent link
shiran shem tov (1211114) | answered Oct 13 '10, 3:04 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks,
shiran

Hi shiran,

There are a couple of options that I think you could pursue. The harder one is to use the API to query back into the system to determine the result of a particular step.

The other solution that I think you might like better is to add pass and fail chains to the second step. In those pass/fail projects, you could have them write a file or into a file whether the step was successful. Then in the third step, you could check for the existence of the file or contents of the file to determine whether step 2 was successful.

bju

Thanks!
I used the Fail chain option and it helped me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.