It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

spaces in .bom data

Paul Bodiam (2651) | asked Sep 15 '10, 10:37 a.m.
I have been playing with .bom and have found a limitiation which I hope someone can help me with:

I have an environment variable something like this:
TIME_NOW=.date %c

I then use this in a BOM as follows:
.bom data "Timimngs" "Section1" "EndTime=${TIME_NOW}"

This causes a failure, complaining about unmatched pairs in the BOM data, because the ${TIME_NOW} expands to "Mon 13 Sept....."
If I change the TIME_NOW definition to ".date %H:%M:%S", then the BOM data is stored correctly.

In this particular case it is not a problem for me because I only need to capture the time in my BOM data, but if I did need to ad data to the BOM that contains a space, is there a clever way to do it?

thanks in advance.
Paul

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Sep 15 '10, 11:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have been playing with .bom and have found a limitiation which I hope someone can help me with:

I have an environment variable something like this:
TIME_NOW=.date %c

I then use this in a BOM as follows:
.bom data "Timimngs" "Section1" "EndTime=${TIME_NOW}"

This causes a failure, complaining about unmatched pairs in the BOM data, because the ${TIME_NOW} expands to "Mon 13 Sept....."
If I change the TIME_NOW definition to ".date %H:%M:%S", then the BOM data is stored correctly.

In this particular case it is not a problem for me because I only need to capture the time in my BOM data, but if I did need to ad data to the BOM that contains a space, is there a clever way to do it?

thanks in advance.
Paul

Hi Paul,

What release/build are you using? There is a defect that has been fixed in this area known internally as RATLC01305809 . It should be available in 7.1.1.4 .

bju

permanent link
Paul Bodiam (2651) | answered Sep 16 '10, 4:00 a.m.

Hi Paul,

What release/build are you using? There is a defect that has been fixed in this area known internally as RATLC01305809 . It should be available in 7.1.1.4 .

bju

Hi Brent

Interestingly, I am using 7.1.1.4, on a Linux server.

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Sep 17 '10, 3:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Brent

Interestingly, I am using 7.1.1.4, on a Linux server.

Hi,

There have been some changes in the release names over the past couple of months. The defect ticket was validated on what was at the time 7.1.1.4, but since that time the names of the releases changed and the ticket still had the old release name in it. If you were to try the 7.1.2 M5 milestone build at https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-build-forge/milestones/7.1.2M5, it should work for you. I was able to recreate the problem on 7.1.1.4 Build 0139, and the same scenario worked on 7.1.2.0 0265.

bju

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.