It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Refresh servers

Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | asked Apr 04 '10, 2:35 a.m.
Is there a way to refresh the list of available servers while in a project?

For example, if a project is running on Server A and part way through the project it starts Server B, then proceeds to execute steps on Server B. At the time Server A is kicked off, Server B is offline and therefore the selector cannot find Server B.

The way I fix this currently is letting the project on Server A fail part way, going into the server list and testing the connection to Server B (successful) and then restarting the failed project.

One answer

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Apr 07 '10, 7:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

If you have access to an agent that is running on the computer with the management console, there is a command line utility named 'bfservertest' located in the <BF_INSTALL_DIR> directory for Windows or <BF_INSTALL_DIR>/Platform directory on Unix.

The utility accepts either the name or UUID of the server. The name of the server is probably more likely known, so I would suspect that is the one to choose. So after the step in which Server B is started, perhaps you must wait for a while (step with .sleep), and then have a step run from the agent on the management console with something like:

Windows: <BF_INSTALL_DIR>/bfservertest.exe Server_B
Unix: <BF_INSTALL_DIR>/Platform/bfservertest Server_B

The output of the command looks like the statements below.

# ./bfservertest Server_B
Subroutine BuildForge::Services::Connection::AF_INET6 redefined at /PerlApp/Exporter.pm line 65.
at (eval 253) line 2
Tue 11 May 2010 11:22:39 PM CDT: Services: 23805: CRRBF1381I: Established connection to Build Forge Services.
Tue 11 May 2010 11:22:39 PM CDT: ServerTest: 23805: CRRBF0364I: Agent Test initiated for server 'Server_B'.
Tue 11 May 2010 11:22:42 PM CDT: ServerTest: 23805: CRRBF0363I: Agent test completed for server 'Server_B', setting error status to 'N'.

If the error status is not set to 'N', then there was a problem with the server test (in case you wanted to add a log filter to see if the test was successful).

If this doesn't work for you, there is also the option of using the services layer APIs with a Perl script/Java program that could do the server test, but that will require a bit more set up (ex. having services layer APIs, setting classpath, creating user under which script runs, etc).

- bju

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.