It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Impediment Query cannot display Discussions or Descriptions

Mike Fernandes (143) | asked Jun 09 '10, 9:15 a.m.
Hi,
I'm creating a query to display information for our Imediments. I want to include "Description" and "Discussion" from the Impediments, but they are not listed in the "available columns" list when I am creating the Result Layout.

How can I include the "Description" and "Discussion" information?

2 answers

permanent link
Bram Booth (11) | answered Aug 04 '10, 11:02 p.m.
Hi,

We have just noticed the same constraint. Did you have any luck working out how to workaround or is a custom report in BIRT the only solution?

Thanks

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Aug 05 '10, 1:35 a.m.
A workaround for getting custom column in a query is to use the export function the RTC thick client.

Go into the Work Item Perspective and select export from the file menu.

When the export window opens, browse into "Team" and select "Work Items".

The "Export Work Item" window will open. Select "Browse" next to the Query box to browse for and select the Work Item query that you wish to use. Select the format and destination as required.

Now the "Export Work Items" window will be displayed. Press the "Add columns" button.

The "Add Columns" window will open which enables you to select any of the columns in the work item, including the ones not available in the normal work item query.

If you also select "Show Custom" you can also select any of you custom columns to be displayed. Note that the "Comments" column is the content of the discussion field in the work item. Select the columns you want to a add into your report and hit ok. Do a "Ctrl-Click" to select multiple columns.

You will return to the "Export Work Items" windows. You can now remove or reorder columns. When you are ready to go hit finish and you report file will be created, including columns not normally available in queries.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.