It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clients can't connect

Wes Fortin (211) | asked Jun 08 '10, 10:25 a.m.
Hello all. Need some help.

I have a fairly vanilla install. RRC 2.0.0.2 on Windows 2003 Server SP2 on a VMWare virtual machine. Using DB2 out of the box as my database. Have made all the appropriate configuration changes as per documentation. The server setup wizard ran fine, all the way through. I can connect to the server via https://oesrrc:9443/jazz/admin just fine. When I try to connect via the thick client it gives me a "cannot connect" message. When I try to connect via https://oesrrc:9443/rdm/web/rrc it just sticks on "Loading...". Same problem with clients on the server or my PC.

Nothing else running on the machine other than Windows and what came with RRC.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

5 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 08 '10, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'd start by checking/verifying the repository permissions and client access license assigned to the user trying to log in.

permanent link
Wes Fortin (211) | answered Jun 08 '10, 12:08 p.m.
I'd start by checking/verifying the repository permissions and client access license assigned to the user trying to log in.

Per the wizard, users are connecting to DB2 as db2admin, which has full permissions on the database. The user trying to log in has all jazz permissions except for Jazz Guest.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 08 '10, 1:28 p.m.
How about the client access license? You have either Reviewer or Author selected?

Are you using Tomcat or WAS, and did you configure for Tomcat User or LDAP? And for reference, Fast Path or Custom setup? If you are using Tomcat User, be aware that the password will be the same as the user id regardless of whether you specified a password or not.

Since you mentioned configuration changes, was this a clean install or did you perform an upgrade from a previous release?

permanent link
Wes Fortin (211) | answered Jun 08 '10, 2:06 p.m.
How about the client access license? You have either Reviewer or Author selected?

Are you using Tomcat or WAS, and did you configure for Tomcat User or LDAP? And for reference, Fast Path or Custom setup? If you are using Tomcat User, be aware that the password will be the same as the user id regardless of whether you specified a password or not.

Since you mentioned configuration changes, was this a clean install or did you perform an upgrade from a previous release?

Something is up with the licensing. I'm using the Trial license, which expires in 55 days. I logged into the Jazz server admin and Under User Management, selected Client Access License Management and got a error (pink box) "CRJAZ10371 Failing query".

Under Active Users, the user is assigned both Author and Reviewer Client Access Licenses. And has all Repository permissions except JazzGuests.

using Tomcat, not using LDAP. Had set up Tomcat to run as a Windows service. But the same scenario occurs if I turn off that service and start the server manually.

Custom Setup. The only thing that's different is that I'm using DB2.

Clean install - no previous installation\upgrade.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 08 '10, 2:35 p.m.
Did you replace the Admin user during configuration, and if so, make sure to assign that user the author license?

I haven't been able to find a description for the CRJAZ error you're getting. You might check the server logs to see if they're reporting anything interesting. In the default install case, they would be in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\IBM\RRCS20\server\logs

Look at both jazz.log and rdm.log. You can also send them to me and I'll see if I can spot any clues in there.

There are a couple of other tips here:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCBetaSetup#Client_Connection_Issues

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.