It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRJCA0003E - Unable to create an LPA project from template on Jazz v5.0.1

Iciar Matilde Olocco y Garcia (731520) | asked Oct 29 '14, 1:28 p.m.
edited Oct 31 '14, 11:22 a.m.
HI All !

Our server was upgraded to Jazzv5.0.1, and we started to run the regression test for our templates.
When I tried to create the news PA for the tools using the Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application, I received the following error:

Error instantiating the template: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://<host>:<port>/rm/process/project-areas. The response was: HTTP/1.1 302 Found.

Details => Error Stacktrace:
com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://<host>:<port>/rm/process/project-areas. The response was: HTTP/1.1 302 Found.
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.handleError(AbstractTask.java:145)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.tasks.GetProjectDataTask.runTask(GetProjectDataTask.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.run(AbstractTask.java:56)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.LoggingCompositeTask.run(LoggingCompositeTask.java:37)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.AsyncTask$TaskRunner.run(AsyncTask.java:40)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)

Anyone could help me? I'm waiting your answer.
Thanks & Regards,
Ichi

Comments
Donald Nong commented Oct 29 '14, 8:33 p.m.

It does not sound right. If you use Firefox to access the request URI, do you get an XML response? If so, look at the URL box and see if it is still the same. Alternatively, use Firebug to see if you get the same HTTP 302 with the request URI quoted in the error.

Iciar Matilde Olocco y Garcia commented Oct 29 '14, 10:12 p.m.

Thanks Donald, I pasted the request URL and I could see the XML.I will try to use the Firebug.

Iciar Matilde Olocco y Garcia commented Oct 31 '14, 11:28 a.m.

Hi Donald, I apply the firebug and i found these errors:
Firebug Error

Thanks for your help

8 answers

permanent link
Shane Hoey (42611) | answered Oct 30 '14, 12:00 p.m.
Is this not a more fundamental issue?

Namely: Can a lifecycle template that was produced for RTC-RQM-RRC work with the new RTC-RQM-RDNG setup in V5.0.1? The LPA template in question is a customized template (with customized RTC, RQM,RRC template parts) Does a new template have to be produced (using RDNG) and then utilized in an LPA template in order for this problem to be fixed?

permanent link
My-An Nguyen (2963) | answered Nov 03 '14, 3:11 p.m.
Is this only a problem in creating an RM project from LPA?

So if you were to go to rm/web and create just a stand-alone RM project by clicking on the gear icon > Create Project Area, it succeeds?

There was a Jazz Foundation defect work item filed for this: Attempting to create an LPA project fails during RM project creation after upgrade (303892)

There are also some commands that are added to repotools to sync friendship information in order to resolve this, but it would be best to create a PMR so that IBM support can guide you through the steps.

permanent link
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | answered Oct 30 '14, 2:30 p.m.
I found this link to a wiki listing the most common issues after an upgrade. One of these issues is the one we are facing:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/AfterTheUpgrade#Unable_to_create_an_LPA_project

Here's what that wiki says about not being able to create an LPA project:
Cause: Process templates need to be redeployed
Resolution: See Redeploying Predefined Templates for instructions on how to redeploy the templates.

So my questions/concerns around this are:
1) Would "Redeploying Predefined Templates" solve this problem? Is this something that a user having all the repository permissions (JazzAdmins, JazzDWAdmins, JazzGuests, JazzUsers, JazzProjectAdmins) could do? What about the Client Access Licenses required?
2) And if we have custom LPA templates also deployed in our server, will they be kept after taking this action?

I'd appreciate guidance on this.
Thanks - Vicky

permanent link
Iciar Matilde Olocco y Garcia (731520) | answered Oct 31 '14, 11:28 a.m.
I've change the title.

permanent link
Iciar Matilde Olocco y Garcia (731520) | answered Nov 03 '14, 12:58 p.m.
Hi Everyone !

When you use the LPA, in own server, it started to create a RRC Pa, and it found the error:

But if you use, the Jazz.Net environment to create a Sandbox to "test & play", the order of creation is different, it started with RTC, RQM and it finished with RM

Congratulations on setting up your new sandbox project at Jazz.net! Hang on to this email for your records in case you need it later.

You can access your Sandbox project area on the Web or via a client:

1. Access via the Web:
You can access the project area via the Web at

CCM -> https://jazz.net/sandbox02-ccm/web/projects/ichiolocco%27s%20Project%20v5.0.1%20%28Change%20and%20Configuration%20Management%29#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard
QM -> https://jazz.net/sandbox02-qm/web/console/ichiolocco%27s%20Project%20v5.0.1%20%28Quality%20Management%29#action=com.ibm.rqm.planning.home.actionDispatcher&subAction=viewUserHome
RM -> https://jazz.net/sandbox02-rm/web#action=com.ibm.rdm.web.pages.showProjectDashboard&projectURI=https://jazz.net/sandbox02-rm/process/project-areas/_CWLM0GEtEeScr81G1bT0fA

Maybe this change affect and someone can help us with this.

Thanks & Regards,
Ichi

permanent link
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | answered Nov 03 '14, 1:19 p.m.
Hi,
Is it possible that something inside the XML file used to create lifecycle projects and project areas has changed from Jazz version 4.x to Jazz v5.0.1?
This is how one of our Out-Of-the-Box LPA templates looks like (note that structure of the file used is pretty similar to the one we used for customized lifecycle projects and project areas):

- XML code taken from the "Quality Professional, Analyst, Developer" OOTB template -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<template xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" xmlns="http://jazz.net/xmlns/foundation/lpa/1.0/">
<!-- Template Description -->
-<description><dc:identifier>rational.alm.integrated.template</dc:identifier><dc:title>Quality Professional, Analyst, Developer</dc:title><dc:description>This template sets up associated project areas for quality management, requirements management, and change and configuration management. The testers (in quality management) and analysts (in requirements management) work integrated with development (in change and configuration management) and quality management tasks and requirements change requests are tracked in the change and configuration management project. The change and configuration management project area can be configured to use the Scrum, OpenUP or Formal Project Management process template. The requirements management project area can be configured to use the Base, Use Case, Agile Requirements or Traditional Requirements project template.</dc:description><dc:creator>IBM Corp.</dc:creator>-<locales><locale>zh</locale><locale>zh_HK</locale><locale>zh_TW</locale><locale>cs</locale><locale>en_US</locale><locale>fr</locale><locale>de</locale><locale>hu</locale><locale>it</locale><locale>ja</locale><locale>ko</locale><locale>pl</locale><locale>pt_BR</locale><locale>ru</locale><locale>es</locale></locales></description>
<!-- Define Project Areas -->
-<projectAreas>
<!-- RRC -->
-<projectArea id="rrc.project">-<processTemplates>-<processTemplate><dc:identifier>RRSTemplateID</dc:identifier><dc:title>Requirements Management Default Process</dc:title></processTemplate></processTemplates>-<projectTemplates>-<projectTemplate><dc:identifier>Base</dc:identifier><dc:title>Base</dc:title></projectTemplate>-<projectTemplate><dc:identifier>Use Case Requirements Template</dc:identifier><dc:title>Use Case Requirements Template</dc:title></projectTemplate>-<projectTemplate><dc:identifier>Agile Requirements Template</dc:identifier><dc:title>Agile Requirements Template</dc:title></projectTemplate>-<projectTemplate><dc:identifier>Traditional Requirements Template</dc:identifier><dc:title>Traditional Requirements Template</dc:title></projectTemplate></projectTemplates><dc:subject>Requirements</dc:subject><domain ref="http://open-services.net/ns/rm#"/></projectArea>
<!-- RTC -->
-<projectArea id="rtc.project">-<processTemplates>-<processTemplate><dc:identifier>scrum2.process.ibm.com</dc:identifier><dc:title>Scrum</dc:title></processTemplate>-<processTemplate><dc:identifier>openup.process.eclipse.org</dc:identifier><dc:title>OpenUP Process</dc:title></processTemplate>-<processTemplate><dc:identifier>formalpm.process.ibm.com</dc:identifier><dc:title>Formal Project Management Process</dc:title></processTemplate></processTemplates><dc:subject>Change Management</dc:subject><domain ref="http://open-services.net/ns/cm#"/></projectArea>
<!-- RQM -->
-<projectArea id="rqm.project">-<processTemplates>-<processTemplate><dc:identifier>rqm.process.ibm.com.v3</dc:identifier><dc:title>Quality Management Default v3 Process</dc:title></processTemplate></processTemplates><dc:subject>Quality Management</dc:subject><domain ref="http://open-services.net/ns/qm#"/></projectArea></projectAreas>
<!-- Define Project Area Associations -->
-<projectAreaAssociations>
<!-- RRC implemented-by RTC -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rrc.project"/><linkType>implemented-by</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rtc.project"/></projectAreaAssociation>
<!-- RTC implements RRC -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rtc.project"/><linkType>implements</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rrc.project"/></projectAreaAssociation>
<!-- RTC tested-by RQM -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rtc.project"/><linkType>tested-by</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rqm.project"/></projectAreaAssociation>
<!-- RQM tests RTC -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rqm.project"/><linkType>tests</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rtc.project"/></projectAreaAssociation>
<!-- RQM validates RRC -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rqm.project"/><linkType>validates</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rrc.project"/></projectAreaAssociation>
<!-- RRC validated-by RQM -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rrc.project"/><linkType>validated-by</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rqm.project"/></projectAreaAssociation>
<!-- RTC tracks RQM -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rtc.project"/><linkType>tracks</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rqm.project"/></projectAreaAssociation>
<!-- RQM tracked-by RTC -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rqm.project"/><linkType>tracked-by</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rtc.project"/></projectAreaAssociation>
<!-- RTC tracks-rm RRC -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rtc.project"/><linkType>tracks-rm</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rrc.project"/></projectAreaAssociation>
<!-- RRC tracked-by-cm RTC -->
-<projectAreaAssociation><sourceDomain ref="#rrc.project"/><linkType>tracked-by-cm</linkType><targetDomain ref="#rtc.project"/></projectAreaAssociation></projectAreaAssociations>-<lifeCycleProjects>-<lifeCycleProject id="lpa.project"><dc:title>${request.param.projectName}</dc:title><dc:description>${request.param.lpaProjectDescription}</dc:description><lifeCycleProjectContext ref="#rrc.project"/><lifeCycleProjectContext ref="#rtc.project"/><lifeCycleProjectContext ref="#rqm.project"/></lifeCycleProject></lifeCycleProjects></template>

permanent link
Iciar Matilde Olocco y Garcia (731520) | answered Nov 03 '14, 3:25 p.m.
Hi My-An:

yes, the problem is only in the RM from LPA.
I could create RM PA stand-alone.
I check the link !
Thanks for your feedback.
Ichi

permanent link
Michael Angelastro (55516) | answered Sep 25 '15, 9:02 p.m.
Not sure if this will help- I was dealing with this error all day when creating the Money Matters life cycle projects for CCM, QM, and RM.  After doing some research I found I didnt have the right Client Access License assigned for the QM container.  Double check your CAL's for your Admin user

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.