It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Requirements Composer 4.0.5 cannot extract requirements from word doc or existing artifact

Jing Yu (611) | asked Jan 13 '15, 5:59 a.m.
edited Jan 14 '15, 12:43 a.m.
When I tried to import requirements from within a word doc, the system stopped on the page of 'Extract Requirements' and never went to next step.
                                                                            Extracting Requirements...
                                                                                             0%
I could import requirements from csv, and also import a text and convert to a rich text artifact.

I also tried to extract requirements from existing artifact, it also failed.

It seems like the system cannot extract requirements.

I don't know how to make it work. God, I've tried the whole day. I don't know what settings I need to check.

Hi Robert, I'm project area admin. Firstly I used delimiter {} to extract requirements but it failed. And then I just used Headings - L1 Business; All Other - L1 Business, Images - None. But it still didn't work.

The document I import is a word docx with several lines of contents. No other format.

Comments
Robert Wen commented Jan 13 '15, 9:03 a.m.

Can you provide some more information?  The questions I have right now include:

• What permissions do you have? (Commenter, Author, Admin)
  • What criteria you used for the extraction?
  • If possible, would you give an example of a requirement or something in the general format?

Jing Yu commented Jan 14 '15, 12:53 a.m.

Hi Robert, I've updated some details

Erica Tran commented Jan 28 '15, 3:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello, I would suggest taking a look at the rm.log file to see if there is any error message.  If so, it can give you more information about the problem.  If you're tried several simple documents with a few lines of text, it doesn't sound like a problem with the document, but the import process. 

Jing Yu commented Jan 28 '15, 8:37 p.m.

Hi Erica, I think it a problem with extracting requirements process. I tried to import other files like csv and succeed. But I cannot extract requirements from existing artifacts.
And how to check rm.log file? Btw, no error message.

Erica Tran commented Feb 04 '15, 2:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The following are examples of the location where you can find the rm.log.  Reproduce the problem and check the rm.log file to see if there are any errors.  If you continue to see a problem, I suggest opening a PMR. 

Example path if deployed on Websphere:
C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs

Example path if deployed on Tomcat:
C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\logs

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.