It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I use exiting WebSphere server for JAZZ/RTC.

Sandeep Anand (1663) | asked May 31 '10, 5:54 a.m.
Hi,

We already have a web-server (webshpere) which is providing services for ClearCase and ClearQuest 7.1.1. Ofcourse, it was installed with these tools iself. My concern is that can I use the same for jazz aswell? I am little worried as while reading through the installation guide of RTC, I found that it requires several configuration changes to be done in Websphere in order to run Jazz properly. Not sure if it will effect CC and CQ.

Has anyone experienced such situation? Any help in this respect will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sandeep Anand

2 answers

permanent link
Christopher McCann (56121) | answered Jun 02 '10, 10:45 a.m.
Hi,

We already have a web-server (webshpere) which is providing services for ClearCase and ClearQuest 7.1.1. Ofcourse, it was installed with these tools iself. My concern is that can I use the same for jazz aswell? I am little worried as while reading through the installation guide of RTC, I found that it requires several configuration changes to be done in Websphere in order to run Jazz properly. Not sure if it will effect CC and CQ.

Has anyone experienced such situation? Any help in this respect will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sandeep Anand

We were able to do this. We didn't have ClearCase or ClearQuest installed, but we installed it into our existing WAS server with no problems.

permanent link
Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | answered Aug 09 '10, 6:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As long as the existing WAS is a "full" WAS. Installing intoe an eWAS
profile that typically comes with Rational products like RequisiteWeb,
CC and CQ *may* work partially but is *not* supported.

If you wish to install the Rational CM Server and Jazz into the same
profile, lay down a "full" WAS instance first. The instructions for
deploying the CM server into an exisiting WAS install are at
https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cchelp/v7r1m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.clearcase.cc_admin.doc/topics/cm_server/c_cmsvr_use_w_full_was.htm?resultof=%22%65%57%41%53%22%20%22%65%77%61%22%20.

On 31/05/2010 8:08 PM, sanan wrote:
Hi,

We already have a web-server (webshpere) which is providing services
for ClearCase and ClearQuest 7.1.1. Ofcourse, it was installed with
these tools iself. My concern is that can I use the same for jazz
aswell? I am little worried as while reading through the installation
guide of RTC, I found that it requires several configuration changes
to be done in Websphere in order to run Jazz properly. Not sure if it
will effect CC and CQ.

Has anyone experienced such situation? Any help in this respect will
be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sandeep Anand

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.