It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import attachments into RTC?

Pamela Bowman (6) | asked Oct 30 '09, 12:25 p.m.
We're trying to import work items into RTC, and many have attachments. I've seen posts for using the Bugzilla format, but we don't have a Bugzilla URL.

Is there another way to import attachments into RTC?

Thanks!

9 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Oct 30 '09, 12:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
http://jazz.net/library/techtip/69 will give you information on how to import into RTC from systems other than Bugzilla. If you are using CQ, there is a CQ Import wizard.

permanent link
Pamela Bowman (6) | answered Oct 30 '09, 12:49 p.m.
http://jazz.net/library/techtip/69 will give you information on how to import into RTC from systems other than Bugzilla. If you are using CQ, there is a CQ Import wizard.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we don't have CQ either. We're actually trying to import from Rally, so we have to use the CSV format. But, it doesn't appear to support attachments.

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Oct 30 '09, 1:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not familiar with Rally but if you put the data in the Bugzilla XML format, you can import attachments that way.

If by Bugzilla url, you are referring to the urlbase attribute in the bugzilla tag, you can just leave it blank.

Ex.
<bugzilla>

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Oct 30 '09, 1:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not familiar with Rally but if you put the data in the Bugzilla XML format, you can import attachments that way.

If by Bugzilla url, you are referring to the urlbase attribute in the bugzilla tag, you can just leave it blank.

Ex.
<bugzilla>

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Oct 30 '09, 1:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
See the Import via Bugzilla Importer section in the document I referred to in my previous post.

permanent link
Sheetal Desai (91188) | answered Nov 05 '09, 9:11 a.m.
The problem is that we want to import attachments into existing RTC records. Is there a way to do so?

I was looking as teh OSLC attribute
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.attchment.attachment
but what should be the format for the value of this attribute?

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Nov 05 '09, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only way to update existing RTC work items via import is to use the CSV Importer, but I don't believe it supports attachments. Perhaps someone from the work item team can comment on this.

permanent link
A B (881811) | answered Aug 25 '11, 4:26 a.m.
This looks to be a very old thread..but just in case if we have any new development or if some body has any more info on it...

How can we import attachments to existing work items in RTC? Is there is any way to do it through Bugzilla bug importer??

(We are trying to import data from a third party tool to RTC.)

The only way to update existing RTC work items via import is to use the CSV Importer, but I don't believe it supports attachments. Perhaps someone from the work item team can comment on this.

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Aug 30 '11, 7:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
An enhancement request was created for this, https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=175276.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.