It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can someone help with the problem I am getting? Please

rajen shrestha (11) | asked May 20 '10, 2:08 a.m.
I get the following error only when trying to check-in vdproj and csproj files. I can check in other cs files but if I add a file to a project it automatically updates the csproj file which becomes available for check-in in the pending changes pane.

I am using VS 2008 IDE for my development and Rational Team Concert Express-C Client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE 2.0.0.2 iFix2 to check in all my code to Jazz server.

Error message:Error during upload Failed to upload File /ESATransFormerSetup/ESATransFormerSetup/WindowServiceSetup.vdproj

Exception type:com.ibm.team.repository.TeamRepositoryException

Exception message:Error during upload Failed to upload File /ESATransFormerSetup/ESATransFormerSetup/WindowServiceSetup.vdproj

Exception stack trace: at com.ibm.team.foundation.service.WebRequestInvocationProxy.Invoke(IMessage myIMessage) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002iFix2_20100331-1452\Foundation\ServiceInterfaceProxy\WebRequestInvocationProxy.cs:line 89 at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at com.ibm.team.filesystem.service.rest.IFilesystemRestClient.postCheckInChanges(ParmsCheckInChanges parms, IProgressMonitor progress) at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.CheckInChanges(String cfa, ParmsCheckInChanges parms, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002iFix2_20100331-1452\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 1106 at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.CheckInComponents(String copyFileArea, IDictionary`2 workspace2repositoryUrl, IDictionary`2 component2workspace, String changeSetItemId, String newChangeSetComment, ParmsCommitDilemmaHandler commitDilemmaHandler, ParmsOutOfSyncInstructions outOfSyncDilemmaHandler, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002iFix2_20100331-1452\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 1074 at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.operations.CheckInOperation.Run(IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002iFix2_20100331-1452\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\operations\CheckInOperation.cs:line 70 at com.ibm.team.foundation.ui.handlers.OperationCommandHandler.RunOperationInBackground(AbstractOperation operation, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002iFix2_20100331-1452\Foundation\UiUtils\handlers\OperationCommandHandler.cs:line 40 at com.ibm.team.foundation.core.operationrunner.internalimpl.BackgroundWorkerImpl`2.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs args) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002iFix2_20100331-1452\Foundation\Core\operationrunner\internalimpl\BackgroundWorkerImpl.cs:line 154

Status code:500
Remote exception type:com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException
Request URI:http://localhost:3219/service/com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.rest.IFilesystemRestClient/CheckInChanges

Remote stack trace:
Inner exception:
Exception type:com.ibm.team.repository.TeamRepositoryException
Exception message:Error during upload
Exception stack trace:
Status code:0
Remote exception type:com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemClientException
Request URI:http://localhost:3219/service/com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.rest.IFilesystemRestClient/CheckInChanges

Remote stack trace:

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Francois Latouche (261) | answered May 24 '10, 1:16 a.m.
Hi,

As anyone else encountered this problem? We are getting it on a regular basis and it is affecting our processes.

As per comment below, it only seems to be a problem with csproj and vdproj files which are updated automatically by VS.NET when new components are added to the project. Normal updates to source code files do not have the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 24 '10, 6:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

As anyone else encountered this problem? We are getting it on a regular basis and it is affecting our processes.

As per comment below, it only seems to be a problem with csproj and vdproj files which are updated automatically by VS.NET when new components are added to the project. Normal updates to source code files do not have the problem.

Thanks.

Hi

I created a defect for this so development can take a look.

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=115809

Can you add any additional info on this defect please - I have added you both as subscribers to this work item, so you will be notified of any updates

regards

anthony

permanent link
Francois Latouche (261) | answered May 25 '10, 12:28 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks.

Hi

I created a defect for this so development can take a look.

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=115809

Can you add any additional info on this defect please - I have added you both as subscribers to this work item, so you will be notified of any updates

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for creating the work item for us. However, after a lot of head scratching we have found today that simply rebooting the Jazz server fixed the problem.

The strange thing was that all other files were being checked in OK except for two project files so we assumed that the issue was specific to VS.NET project files. One of our Java developers has also since reported that he also got the problem from Eclipse from time to time so the issue might not necessarily be related to the client but more so to the server.

Regards,
Francosi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.