It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does one get to "Team Artifacts" view via RTC web client?

Tad Craig (6123) | asked May 05 '14, 7:17 p.m.

I have been given instructions to create a repository workspace. The instructions start with "In the Team Artifacts view,..."

The only reference I can find regarding Team Artifacts view seems to refer to the regular client.

Thank you,

TC

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 05 '14, 7:20 p.m.
edited Mar 04 '15, 11:42 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
there is no Team Artifacts view in the web UI only Eclipse
you can also only VIEW  repository workspaces from the web.. not create them

permanent link
Satish Narayanachar (96426) | answered May 06 '14, 3:54 a.m.

Hi Tad,

Download the eclipse client from here.

If you already have eclipse installed please follow the instructions to create a repo,

1.On starting eclipse you will get Create a new Jazz repo  click it.

2.New window will appear and you have to enter Domain name and user credentials, i.e user name and Password.

3. Click Finish

A new Repo is created in Team artifacts view

Regards,

Satish

Comments
Tad Craig commented May 06 '14, 10:59 a.m. | edited Mar 04 '15, 11:55 p.m.

Thanks for helping me out. It turns out that our company uses the web based client exclusively. These instructions I received were sent to me automatically. Evidentially a few things were set up for me and in the process and standard template was used that emailed instructions to me. The problems was that the instructions just refer to the regular client and that wasn’t explained to me.

Thanks again for your help.

Gregory Sittler commented Mar 03 '15, 11:26 p.m. | edited Mar 04 '15, 11:40 p.m.

ALL of the instructions mentioned here, and ALL of the instructions that get put into the online demo appear to be really OLD.  The link included in Satish's answer above points to a place that says it's for 4.0.6, which is obsolete, and should be cast aside for 5.0.2.  The attendant link there takes you to the download pages for 5.0.2, and I know from past experience that it's not as simple as it SOUNDS to get that working.  Even after it is working, there are no instructions readily available to tell you how to start working with it.  If you don't already have an expensive relationship with an IBM Business Partner, you'd better get one, or you'll just be lost.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 04 '15, 11:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It would be nice if someone could periodically scan through the 44,000 questions in this forum, and update all the answers and all the links, but probably not a reasonable expectation.  If you cannot map the instructions in an old answer to the current release, just ask a new question, indicating the problem you encountered trying to follow the old answer.   WRT installing the eclipse client and using it to create a new repository workspace, most users find that guidance from the on-line help or the forum is sufficient.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 05 '15, 12:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Another important point:  unless an answer is marked as "accepted", there is always the possibility that the answer is incorrect (or only partially correct).   So don't spend a lot of time working through an unaccepted answer ... if it doesn't work for you after a reasonable effort, just post a new question.   For example, the answer to this question has a signficant terminology problem.   The download Eclipse client is fine.  But then it talks about "creating a new Jazz repo" ... you don't create a new Jazz repo ... you create a new "Jazz repository connection" (a connection between your client and an existing repository ... which is very different from creating a new Jazz repository).  Once the user created that connection to the Jazz repository, the user will see the Team Artifacts view, and can follow the instructions received about what to do in the Team Artifacts view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.