It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Parallel iteration plan issue

Angelo Corna (26148381) | asked May 17 '10, 1:01 p.m.
I've created an interation (I1) and 2 other iterations (I1a and I1b) children of I1.
Here the schema

I1
|-->I1a
|-->I1b

I1a and I1b are parallel iterations and they have the same data of start and end.
I've created and assigned some tasks to I1a and I1b.
The task has been estimated and, if I create an iteration plan for I1a and I1b, I can see the workload bars correctly.

If I create an itaration plan for I1, I can see the task of I1a and I1b but the workload bar does not inherit the estimation (the value is always 0).

Is it correct? How can I create a plan with the information of two parallel iterations?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 18 '10, 2:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Angelo,

you would create another time line that is concurrent. Please note currently you would need to create another team structure that works for this timeline. It would look like.

T1a (Team1 e.g. Development)
|--> I1a
|--> I2a

T1b (Team2 e.g. Maintenance or Development V2)
|--> I1b
|--> I2b

This is a great source for information on many of these issues: http://jazz.net/projects/rational-team-concert/learnmore/

Ralph

I've created an interation (I1) and 2 other iterations (I1a and I1b) children of I1.
Here the schema

I1
|-->I1a
|-->I1b

I1a and I1b are parallel iterations and they have the same data of start and end.
I've created and assigned some tasks to I1a and I1b.
The task has been estimated and, if I create an iteration plan for I1a and I1b, I can see the workload bars correctly.

If I create an itaration plan for I1, I can see the task of I1a and I1b but the workload bar does not inherit the estimation (the value is always 0).

Is it correct? How can I create a plan with the information of two parallel iterations?

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26148381) | answered May 18 '10, 12:07 p.m.
Hi Ralph,

in my case the guys included in Team1 and Team2 will be the same so I'll must to create 2 team areas identical.
Is it correct?
And in this case, is there the possibility to define 1 overall plan that show the allocation of the resources on both time lines?

Bye

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 18 '10, 1:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Angelo,

as far as I am aware you have to create two identical team ares (except for the name). when doing that people work 50% for each team. You can adjust the ration.

You can not create a plan that spans several timelines unfortunately.

This work item https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=99436 tracks a request that would solve your problem. for the planning: I don't understand the implications myself yet. Please feel fre to subscribe to the above work item and support it with input.

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

in my case the guys included in Team1 and Team2 will be the same so I'll must to create 2 team areas identical.
Is it correct?
And in this case, is there the possibility to define 1 overall plan that show the allocation of the resources on both time lines?

Bye

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.