Use of generic login ID for RTC CCM application
I've been asked to scope out the use of RTC's CCM application to replace a legacy Change Management process. Knowing RTC needs a project area with Team Members and Roles I am wondering if I could use a common login ID intead of the entire company's ldap to be part of the project area? Also if that is possible can two people using the same generic ID enter a change request at the "same time"? If this is possible are there any documentation or guidance on how to set that up. I also need to modify the change request forms too and need help on how to do that as well...Many thanks!
2 answers
you can configure the project area to let anyone view and/or edit.. they do NOT need to be members of the project area. By default the 'Everyone' role should apply. You need to set the project access control to Everyone.
from the process config in eclipse (bold is mine)
"Roles grant users permissions and determine the preconditions and follow-up actions that run. Roles assigned here are inherited in all team areas within this project area. All users in the repository have the Everyone (default) role whether they are a member or not."
'change request' between applications is very limited.. if you had something else in mind.. please describe it.
oh, and I am against the generic ID cause you lose all kinds of traceability and auditing.
from the process config in eclipse (bold is mine)
"Roles grant users permissions and determine the preconditions and follow-up actions that run. Roles assigned here are inherited in all team areas within this project area. All users in the repository have the Everyone (default) role whether they are a member or not."
'change request' between applications is very limited.. if you had something else in mind.. please describe it.
oh, and I am against the generic ID cause you lose all kinds of traceability and auditing.
Comments
I work for a consulting firm that specializes in Rational and I concur whole heartedly with Sam's comment about the use of a generic id. The audit aspects are auspicious AND it's a technical violation of IBM's licensing policy. There's ways to be in compliance via floating licenses or tokens. Yes, it does cost more, but it will cost plenty if the software police shows up!