It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Users in IBM China cannot view test plans or test cases

Robert Kyle (11) | asked May 07 '10, 1:49 a.m.
Very strange.

On the left side, if they try to View Test Plans or View Testcases, they get a blank screen.

They can view Test Scripts though.

Anyone ever see this?

Engineers in India and US can see them no problem, but no engineer in China (at least in the group I interact with) can see them.

FireFox, IE, no matter. Different machines, no matter. Different users, no matters.

The server was upgraded with 2.0.1 ifix1 last week, which was the last time they were able to view these test objects.

3 answers

permanent link
Yaqian Fang (2013223) | answered May 10 '10, 7:11 p.m.
My guess is the regional and language settings in Control Panel need to be set English as default. I haven't experienced this issue before, but personally I can't think of anything else.
Hope this helps.

Very strange.

On the left side, if they try to View Test Plans or View Testcases, they get a blank screen.

They can view Test Scripts though.

Anyone ever see this?

Engineers in India and US can see them no problem, but no engineer in China (at least in the group I interact with) can see them.

FireFox, IE, no matter. Different machines, no matter. Different users, no matters.

The server was upgraded with 2.0.1 ifix1 last week, which was the last time they were able to view these test objects.

permanent link
Brian Lauber (111) | answered May 19 '10, 7:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We had a user in China seeing this same problem. After going back and fourth trying different things the person figured it out.

...."Then figure out what's the problem, if we move en locale to first item in browser language setting, that would avoid this problem."

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Jun 08 '10, 2:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it that zh locale doesn't work with test plans and test cases after the upgrade to 2.0.1 iFix1? Is there any error in the console?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.