It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error on 'scm load' - $Proxy14 ClassCastException

Dave Westerman (331010) | asked May 05 '10, 10:01 a.m.
I was trying to do an 'scm load' using the command line from the RTC Eclipse client, and got the following error:

C:\RTC\LynxDevStream>\RSDP75\scmtools\eclipse\scm load -r https://rtp-rtc12.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/ 1014
Password (dlwester@us.ibm.com @ https://rtp-rtc12.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/):
Unexpected exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy14 incompatible with com.ibm.team.scm.common.IWorkspace
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.RepoUtil.findNamedWorkspace(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmd.run(LoadCmd.java:126)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmdLauncher.run(LoadCmdLauncher.java:161)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.doStart(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Un
known Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
Scm:
An error has occurred. See the log file
C:\RTC\LynxDevStream\.metadata\.log.

Any ideas?

4 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 06 '10, 8:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you check that the alias '1014' is an alias for a workspace? It's the first thing I can think of when looking at the source and it should have given you a better error message to help identify the problem.

I was trying to do an 'scm load' using the command line from the RTC Eclipse client, and got the following error:

C:\RTC\LynxDevStream>\RSDP75\scmtools\eclipse\scm load -r https://rtp-rtc12.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/ 1014
Password (dlwester@us.ibm.com @ https://rtp-rtc12.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/):
Unexpected exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy14 incompatible with com.ibm.team.scm.common.IWorkspace
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.RepoUtil.findNamedWorkspace(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmd.run(LoadCmd.java:126)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmdLauncher.run(LoadCmdLauncher.java:161)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.doStart(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Un
known Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
Scm:
An error has occurred. See the log file
C:\RTC\LynxDevStream\.metadata\.log.

Any ideas?

permanent link
Dave Westerman (331010) | answered May 06 '10, 11:15 a.m.
Thanks, Tim! That was it. I had been successfully loading the same workspace from a Linux machine, and made the erroneous assumption that the UUID used for the workspace would be the same from my Windows machine. That UUID is obviously not a global one.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 06 '10, 11:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks, Tim! That was it. I had been successfully loading the same workspace from a Linux machine, and made the erroneous assumption that the UUID used for the workspace would be the same from my Windows machine. That UUID is obviously not a global one.

Ah yes, the '1014' alias that you saw is for the current session. It isn't a permanent alias for the item. If you rebooted your Linux machine, it might not be the same alias.

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 07 '10, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The UUID is a global id but the CLI surfaces aliases which are not.

Michael

dlwester wrote:
Thanks, Tim! That was it. I had been successfully loading the same
workspace from a Linux machine, and made the erroneous assumption
that the UUID used for the workspace would be the same from my
Windows machine. That UUID is obviously not a global one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.