It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error on 'scm load' - $Proxy14 ClassCastException

Dave Westerman (331110) | asked May 05 '10, 10:01 a.m.
I was trying to do an 'scm load' using the command line from the RTC Eclipse client, and got the following error:

C:\RTC\LynxDevStream>\RSDP75\scmtools\eclipse\scm load -r https://rtp-rtc12.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/ 1014
Password (dlwester@us.ibm.com @ https://rtp-rtc12.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/):
Unexpected exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy14 incompatible with com.ibm.team.scm.common.IWorkspace
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.RepoUtil.findNamedWorkspace(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmd.run(LoadCmd.java:126)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmdLauncher.run(LoadCmdLauncher.java:161)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.doStart(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Un
known Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
Scm:
An error has occurred. See the log file
C:\RTC\LynxDevStream\.metadata\.log.

Any ideas?

4 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 06 '10, 8:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you check that the alias '1014' is an alias for a workspace? It's the first thing I can think of when looking at the source and it should have given you a better error message to help identify the problem.

I was trying to do an 'scm load' using the command line from the RTC Eclipse client, and got the following error:

C:\RTC\LynxDevStream>\RSDP75\scmtools\eclipse\scm load -r https://rtp-rtc12.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/ 1014
Password (dlwester@us.ibm.com @ https://rtp-rtc12.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/):
Unexpected exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy14 incompatible with com.ibm.team.scm.common.IWorkspace
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.RepoUtil.findNamedWorkspace(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmd.run(LoadCmd.java:126)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmdLauncher.run(LoadCmdLauncher.java:161)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.doStart(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Un
known Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
Scm:
An error has occurred. See the log file
C:\RTC\LynxDevStream\.metadata\.log.

Any ideas?

permanent link
Dave Westerman (331110) | answered May 06 '10, 11:15 a.m.
Thanks, Tim! That was it. I had been successfully loading the same workspace from a Linux machine, and made the erroneous assumption that the UUID used for the workspace would be the same from my Windows machine. That UUID is obviously not a global one.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 06 '10, 11:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks, Tim! That was it. I had been successfully loading the same workspace from a Linux machine, and made the erroneous assumption that the UUID used for the workspace would be the same from my Windows machine. That UUID is obviously not a global one.

Ah yes, the '1014' alias that you saw is for the current session. It isn't a permanent alias for the item. If you rebooted your Linux machine, it might not be the same alias.

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 07 '10, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The UUID is a global id but the CLI surfaces aliases which are not.

Michael

dlwester wrote:
Thanks, Tim! That was it. I had been successfully loading the same
workspace from a Linux machine, and made the erroneous assumption
that the UUID used for the workspace would be the same from my
Windows machine. That UUID is obviously not a global one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.