It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Timezone and date question.

Phil Rau (12) | asked Apr 26 '10, 6:27 p.m.
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is possible, but I was wondering if there was a configuration setting that my be able to solve a problem that my team is seeing in RTC 2.

My team is spread from New York Time Zone all the way to India Time Zone. When we are doing sprint planning, the dates are off sometimes. So, for example, when we planned a sprint from 3/2 - 3/22, for everyone West of the Mississippi, the Iteration was displayed as 3/1-3/21. (That is, Mountain time forwards.)

My theory is that on the server it is setting the time to be GMT and that everything that falls outside of 8 hours (that is, one work day) of GMT is sliding one day. Is there any way to either:
1 - Set the server to something other than GMT? If so, how?
2 - Set the sprints to display locally? (So, essentially, on 3/22, no matter where you are, the sprint will be over?)

My only other thought is to have everyone set themselves to the same time zone, but that seems like kind of a hack. (Also, I'm not sure if there will be any fall out from this. I'm OK with doing that, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot...)

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Oct 12 '10, 1:15 a.m.
Each user has a timezone configuration. Open up your user profile and edit your "work environment" to set your time zone to display the content locally. As well, make sure your server's time zone is set up via your operating system.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.