It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTCp Save Build Engine

Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | asked Apr 15 '10, 8:40 a.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 4:38 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Hallo,

on saving the BuildEngine at TeamArtifacts the following error occured:

Saving build engine failed.
Reason:
TeamBuildDuplicateItemException

The question I have is:

Isn't it possible to use one BuildEngine for 2 different projects?

We are using RTCp V2.0 on system-i V5R4 with WAS 6.1 and want to migrate our developement to RTCp at the beginnning of June.

Thanks in advance

Andreas

4 answers

permanent link
Abe Batthish (8646) | answered Sep 26 '10, 9:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andreas,

Yes, it is possible to use the same Build Engine for 2 different projects.
Can you give a bit more detail as to what you were doing when you received this error? If a build engine already existed, it should have been offered as an existing engine registered to that server to your project area.

Abe,

Hallo,

Reason:

The question I have is:

We are using RTCp V2.0 on system-i V5R4 with WAS 6.1 and want to migrate our developement to RTCp at the beginnning of June.

Thanks in advance

Andreas

permanent link
Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | answered Sep 27 '10, 2:38 a.m.
Hallo Abe,

thanks for your answer, we habe already fixed this error.
But now I have another problem:

I have 3 Streams with 1 component which only differs in the aassociated i-projekt(each project refers to another i-library). After starting a TeamBuild the following errror occurs:

2010-09-24 12:16:20 Jazz build engine running on host: BACALWEB.INTERN.LEASAUSTRIA.COM
2010-09-24 12:16:20 Jazz build engine Should build occur?
2010-09-24 12:16:20 Jazz build engine Yes: Always build a user initiated request.
2010-09-24 12:16:20 Jazz build engine Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.teami.build.jazzscm.iant"
2010-09-24 12:16:20 IBM i Jazz Source Control Build Participant CRTCI3502I: Accepting changes into workspace "UniCredit Leasing Production Team Stream Workspace RTC Build" ...
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Component UCLA Production Component is accepting changes from multiple flow targets
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.acceptAllIncoming(SourceControlUtility.java:715)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.acceptAllIncoming(SourceControlUtility.java:606)
at com.ibm.teami.build.internal.scm.IBMISourceControlUtility.acceptAllIncoming(IBMISourceControlUtility.java:164)
at com.ibm.teami.build.internal.engine.IBMiAntJazzScmPreBuildParticipant.performAccept(IBMiAntJazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:777)
at com.ibm.teami.build.internal.engine.IBMiAntJazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(IBMiAntJazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:180)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:628)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:466)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

Can you explain what happens?

Thanks in advance
Andreas
Hi Andreas,

Yes, it is possible to use the same Build Engine for 2 different projects.
Can you give a bit more detail as to what you were doing when you received this error? If a build engine already existed, it should have been offered as an existing engine registered to that server to your project area.

Abe,

Hallo,

Reason:

The question I have is:

Thanks in advance

Andreas

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered Sep 27 '10, 2:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andreas,

It sounds like you have a Build Workspace, named "UniCredit Leasing Production Team Stream Workspace RTC Build", which has multiple flow targets. You can check this by selecting the workspace, right-click and select Open, then scroll to the bottom of the Workspace editor to see the "Flow Targets" section.

A Build workspace can only have a single flow target, to accept changesets from prior to building. Otherwise, conflicting changesets for the same file could be pending from 2 or more different streams, which couldn't be automatically resolved.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with your configuration, e.g.:

1) If you have 3 projects you want to deliver changes to independently, and then want to build these together, you might have 3 development streams, with their own component and i-project, and then an integration stream which can consolidate all 3 components. Then have a Build workspace with a single flow target being the Integration stream.

2) If you have 3 versions of the same code which you are building to different libraries (e.g. an Integration promotion level, a QA promotion level, and a Production promotion level), then you should have one component with one i Project for the 3 streams, and deliver changesets progressively to each stream. You should have 3 Build workspaces (one for each stream that represents the promotion level), and 3 build definitions (one for each build workspace) which map the source and object libraries for each of the promotion levels.

It would help to understand the needs of your scenario, to suggest the proper configuration.

Sean.

Hallo Abe,

I have 3 Streams with 1 component which only differs in the aassociated i-projekt(each project refers to another i-library). After starting a TeamBuild the following errror occurs:

2010-09-24 12:16:20 Jazz build engine running on host: BACALWEB.INTERN.LEASAUSTRIA.COM
2010-09-24 12:16:20 Jazz build engine Yes: Always build a user initiated request.
2010-09-24 12:16:20 Jazz build engine Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.teami.build.jazzscm.iant"
2010-09-24 12:16:20 IBM i Jazz Source Control Build Participant CRTCI3502I: Accepting changes into workspace "UniCredit Leasing Production Team Stream Workspace RTC Build" ...
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Component UCLA Production Component is accepting changes from multiple flow targets
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.acceptAllIncoming(SourceControlUtility.java:715)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.acceptAllIncoming(SourceControlUtility.java:606)
at com.ibm.teami.build.internal.scm.IBMISourceControlUtility.acceptAllIncoming(IBMISourceControlUtility.java:164)
at com.ibm.teami.build.internal.engine.IBMiAntJazzScmPreBuildParticipant.performAccept(IBMiAntJazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:777)
at com.ibm.teami.build.internal.engine.IBMiAntJazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(IBMiAntJazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:180)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:628)

Thanks in advance
Andreas

permanent link
Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | answered Sep 28 '10, 4:12 a.m.
Hallo Sean,

we have the following szenario in our company:

We have 3 Streams with only one component:

Production Stream including the sources of the objects which are deployed onto our production system-i. On this system there are only binary objects and no sources installed.

HotFix Stream including the sources of the objects for HotFixes which are deployed onto our testing system. After testing is ok this change sets have to be deliverd to the Production Stream to be deployed onto our production system.

Release Stream including sources of the objects for future releases which are also deployed onto our testing system refering to another library than HotFixes. The ChangeSets of HotFixes deployed to the Production Stream have also to be deployed to the Release Stream.

All of our sources are only stored on our development system-i. On the target Systems-i there are only objects installed.

For each of our Stream we have generated a TeamBuilddefinition which uses the respective buildworkspace which belongs to a special builduser who is the owner of the buildengine on our development system.

Some key values of our system:

System-i V5R4
WAS 6.1
RTCp V2.0
RDp V7.6

I hope this will help to understand our needs.

Andreas

p.s. if you want I could sent you snapshots of our project for better understanding.

Hi Andreas,

It sounds like you have a Build Workspace, named "UniCredit Leasing Production Team Stream Workspace RTC Build", which has multiple flow targets. You can check this by selecting the workspace, right-click and select Open, then scroll to the bottom of the Workspace editor to see the "Flow Targets" section.

A Build workspace can only have a single flow target, to accept changesets from prior to building. Otherwise, conflicting changesets for the same file could be pending from 2 or more different streams, which couldn't be automatically resolved.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with your configuration, e.g.:

1) If you have 3 projects you want to deliver changes to independently, and then want to build these together, you might have 3 development streams, with their own component and i-project, and then an integration stream which can consolidate all 3 components. Then have a Build workspace with a single flow target being the Integration stream.

2) If you have 3 versions of the same code which you are building to different libraries (e.g. an Integration promotion level, a QA promotion level, and a Production promotion level), then you should have one component with one i Project for the 3 streams, and deliver changesets progressively to each stream. You should have 3 Build workspaces (one for each stream that represents the promotion level), and 3 build definitions (one for each build workspace) which map the source and object libraries for each of the promotion levels.

It would help to understand the needs of your scenario, to suggest the proper configuration.

Sean.

Hallo Abe,

Thanks in advance
Andreas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.