It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0: Dependency based build: Questions

David Van Herzele (10121) | asked Jul 14 '10, 9:56 a.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 9:38 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Hi,

I've got a couple of questions concerning the new functionality of 'dependency based build' in RTC 3.0.

I assume this a RTCz only functionality, since it is described under 'Enterprise Extensions for z/OS' in the 'New and Noteworthy' section of RTC 3.0M6. Is this correct?

Will it be possible to use the dependency based build for other systems, like for example for Power? If not, will it ever be?

Thanks & keep up the good work!

David

2 answers

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Jul 14 '10, 2:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I've got a couple of questions concerning the new functionality of 'dependency based build' in RTC 3.0.

I assume this a RTCz only functionality, since it is described under 'Enterprise Extensions for z/OS' in the 'New and Noteworthy' section of RTC 3.0M6. Is this correct?

Will it be possible to use the dependency based build for other systems, like for example for Power? If not, will it ever be?

David

Hi David

The z functionality that we developed for the RTCz product has been assimilated into the RTC product and will be unlocked by a CAL. So for v3 there is no longer an RTCz product.

We have written the dependency based build functionality with adoption of this technology by other platforms in mind. So the answer to your question is yes it will be available on other platforms.... but not for this release. The power platform is in fact what we plan on going after next...although I am making no promises here :)

Guy

permanent link
Vern Hamberg (6) | answered Jul 23 '10, 3:01 p.m.
Hi,

David

Hi David

The z functionality that we developed for the RTCz product has been assimilated into the RTC product and will be unlocked by a CAL. So for v3 there is no longer an RTCz product.

We have written the dependency based build functionality with adoption of this technology by other platforms in mind. So the answer to your question is yes it will be available on other platforms.... but not for this release. The power platform is in fact what we plan on going after next...although I am making no promises here :)

Guy

As an i developer, the use of dependencies is a critical piece. Things like programs depend on the proper version of data files and display files and the like. Traditional SCM products for i manage all that.

Is this what is meant by this capability?

Thanks
Vern

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.