It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

deliver Baseline by command line?

Andy Moynahan (6312219) | asked Apr 13 '10, 6:53 p.m.
Hi folks,

From the command line, I can successfully create change sets and check files in against that change set.

I can even create a baseline from the command line in my component.

If I open the GUI, pending changes shows my baseline as outgoing and I could right click on it and deliver it.

Can I do this with the command line?
I have:
Workspace: (1007) "jazzy Core Library Workspace" <-> (1008) "Core Library"
Component: (1009) "Core"
Baseline: (1023) 30 "Andy_BL_1"
Outgoing:
Baselines:
(1023) 30 "Andy_BL_1"

So it shows me the outgoing change. But "scm deliver" doesn't seem to take a -baseline arg.

Also, doing "scm deliver 1023" doesn't take.
the CLI shows the baseline as an outgoing change, but I can't seem to deliver it.

Any help would be apprectiated

Thanks

Andy

4 answers

permanent link
Robert Dann (6) | answered Jun 10 '10, 9:31 a.m.
Hi,

Just bumping this up to see if there is a solution to this problem.

At the moment the only solution I can see is:

scm deliver -C myComponent

to deliver all changesets and baselines and then make sure when you run this that you have no other changesets pending.

Thanks,

Rob

permanent link
Tom Canova (9111) | answered Feb 19 '11, 4:29 p.m.
I also need to be able to deliver baselines from my workspace to a stream from the command line. I'm working in RTC 3, and the scm deliver -C myComponent command only delivers the changesets. How can I deliver the baselines from the command line?

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Feb 21 '11, 3:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The scm cli does not support delivering baselines. There is a workitem opened for it ...
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/51105

I also need to be able to deliver baselines from my workspace to a stream from the command line. I'm working in RTC 3, and the scm deliver -C myComponent command only delivers the changesets. How can I deliver the baselines from the command line?

permanent link
Tom Canova (9111) | answered Mar 09 '11, 11:00 a.m.
Wanted to post how I resolved this. I'm now creating snapshots and promoting the snapshots using command line calls from my build scripts, which effectively accomplished what I required.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.