It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change ibm logo placed in Footer side of CCM Web UI and update new logo there?

sayli Boralkar (157) | asked Feb 01 '17, 2:07 a.m.
edited Feb 01 '17, 4:25 a.m.

First of all I made changes in Footer.css file included in net.jazz.web.app_6.0.0.v20150422_0026.jar file located in server installed directory/IBM/Server/conf/jts/sites/update-site/plugin. I extract this jar file on desktop and after entering the extracted jar file i go through /resources/internal/template/Footer.css this path. 

I modify one section in this file like:

.jazz-app-Footer .ibm-logo {
display: inline-block;
background-image: url('image path');
background-position: -41px -102px;
width: 41px;
height: 15px;
}

and save this file on somewhere on my PC. then, I make compress of this newly modified Footer.css file and upload this file on below link
but, whenever I upload changes affect only to personal dashboard 
(means https://localhost:9443/jts/dashboards/8  upto this page changes are affected).
for this, I go through 
/server installed directory/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/ccm/sites/update-site/plugin.
 and again extract 
net.jazz.web.app_6.0.0.v20150422_0026.jar  
this file and follow above steps but logo is not set to the internal page of RTC i.e. on ccm Web UI page.

For this task i refer below links:

2 answers

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (212) | answered Feb 02 '17, 5:47 a.m.

Hello Sayli

You don't need to update/modify any plugins. If you would like to alter the appearance of a certain UI element, use a tool like Firebug to inspect the DOM node and see what CSS rules are affecting its appearance. You can then create a theme that overrides those rules in order to alter the element's appearance and upload in the server.

I had created a blog for the same which you can refer:

Also, remember to zip the files correctly not from the aprent folder. You need to repeat it for each application you need the changes i.e. JTS, CCM,QM,RM.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Rohit

Comments
sayli Boralkar commented Feb 21 '17, 12:11 a.m.

Thanks rohit.

actually I was went through this site but output was not shown to my panel. If any different approach for showing Logo to ccm internal page then suggest me.

Rohit Balduwa commented Feb 26 '17, 11:07 p.m.

Hi Sayli

The blog content works fine, please go through each step again.. it should work for you.. Did you zipped the folders correctly else it will not reflect the logo!

Regards,
Rohit

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 02 '17, 4:01 a.m.

The web UI theming is application specific, so yes, you need to do the same thing in both JTS and CCM. If fact, you don't need to extract the CSS file CCM again, as you can just use the one for JTS in CCM. As long as you do the exact same thing in JTS and CCM, you should see the same effect in both applications (I've verified it). I suggest you use the inspector tool in your browser to confirm the CSS style of the said element.

Comments
sayli Boralkar commented Feb 02 '17, 4:45 a.m. | edited Feb 03 '17, 3:02 a.m.

Thanks Donald Nong. I did the same thing that u mentioned i.e. using Inspector tool but the changes i made in .css file of JTS or CCM that doesn't affect the CCM Web UI.

Donald Nong commented Feb 03 '17, 3:06 a.m.

It does not make sense. When you activate the newly uploaded theme in /ccm/admin, you should see the effect straightaway, without navigating to other pages. Unless all the time you are uploading and activating themes only in /jts/admin. If in doubt, use the sample theme in the Wiki for testing, as its header and footer have some big fonts in red and you can't miss it.

sayli Boralkar commented Feb 21 '17, 12:11 a.m. | edited Feb 21 '17, 12:12 a.m.

Ok. I will do this and let u know.

thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.