It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Edit Downloaded files from the Repository

Bill Kecskes (1621) | asked Apr 13 '10, 2:36 a.m.
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tried to edit artifacts that have been downloaded from the repository and then upload them back to the server?

I have a customer who has a requirement for off-line access as they often work at remote sites without access back to the main office.

Thanks

Bill.

3 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Apr 13 '10, 12:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tried to edit artifacts that have been downloaded from the repository and then upload them back to the server?

I have a customer who has a requirement for off-line access as they often work at remote sites without access back to the main office.

Thanks

Bill.

It is possible to download a remote server file as an RRC archive, and upload it to a server running on a laptop, and edit the RRC artifacts away from the office.

Now the issues are that when the artifact is re-loaded it creates a new artifact and does not overwrite the original, also all history is lost as well as private tags - the comments may also change depending upon the users made the contributions and whether those same uses are configured on the laptop server.

permanent link
Bill Kecskes (1621) | answered Apr 15 '10, 1:16 a.m.
Hi All,

Thanks

Bill.

It is possible to download a remote server file as an RRC archive, and upload it to a server running on a laptop, and edit the RRC artifacts away from the office.

Now the issues are that when the artifact is re-loaded it creates a new artifact and does not overwrite the original, also all history is lost as well as private tags - the comments may also change depending upon the users made the contributions and whether those same uses are configured on the laptop server.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping something like that would work. Are there any plans to provide an offline capability like in ReqPro offline documents?

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 15 '10, 10:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping something like that would work. Are there any plans to provide an offline capability like in ReqPro offline documents?

We know there is a need to deliver this; the question is when we can get to it (a question of relative priorities). Feel free to find the enhancement work item and add your scenario/rationale/opinion of it's importance.

Daniel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.