It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to include report templates into a process template?

Guislain LAGRON (3674) | asked Mar 25 '10, 7:30 p.m.
Hi,

I have created a custom RTC process template, and I would like to add some of the custom report templates at project initialization.

On the Process Template / Project Configuration / Project Initialization / Setup Project for Reports / Report Templates, I added an entry for a report template specifying C:\...\XXX.rptdesign but I get the following error at project initialization:

Problem
Could not find report /Project Completion Trends.rptdesign

Reason
Deploys some pre-defined reports and report templates to the project area. The templates with 'Micro' in the name are used by the dashboard only; templates will be deployed for these but no reports will be created for them. Both templates and reports will be created for all other entries.

Any assistance is well appreciated.

Guislain Lagron
Process Engineer

2 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 26 '10, 10:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
First you will need to attach the report design to the process template.
Then add the new Report Template to the process specification using Project Area Initialization/Setup Project for Reports.

In the Report Template editor make sure you specify the Process Attachment that has the report design and not the Plugin/File. Plugin/File is used for the built-in report templates that ship bundled part of the server in a plugin.

permanent link
Guislain LAGRON (3674) | answered Jun 06 '10, 5:40 p.m.
Sorry for the delay; finally got back to trying it. That did the trick. Thx!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.