It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are the Workitem Templates disappearing?

Maria Amalan (784164) | asked Jun 26 '13, 4:40 a.m.
 I am using RTC Client version 3.0.1 and server version 4.0. Since the versions are compatible (as seen in below link), I am not facing any glaring issues. But when I create a workitem template and log out of the eclipse client and log back in, the templates are not seen in the Process Configuration. Why is this happening? Could it be because of the version difference between client and server? Or this is due to some other reason? Please help.

2 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jun 26 '13, 8:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Jun 26 '13, 8:39 a.m.

Yes, your right Eric. This is exactly what is happening with me. Additionally, sometimes the template is not seen while creating workitem with template as well.

Eric Jodet commented Jun 26 '13, 8:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Maria,

you may add a comment in this defect to notify dev that you're impacted by this issue.

Thanks
Eric.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 28 '13, 6:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 28 '13, 10:02 a.m.
Hi Maria

If you use the web UI, you will be able to bypass any problems with 3.x RTC clients.  The functionality of creating and working with process templates is very good in 4.0, and I have stopped using the Eclipse client for this work.

[Edit] It turns out that you need to do work item templates in the Eclipse client (unless anyone can confirm otherwise)

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.