It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Repository is not available (for only certain users). LDAP.

David Moss (171156) | asked Mar 11 '10, 1:36 p.m.
We've set up RRC to use LDAP (note: we previously set up our RQM box to use LDAP and that was successful). When attempting to set up the repository connection, users who are in the "RRC Users" LDAP group do not get any errors...but when they try and actually open the repository, they do get errors.

On the user dashboard, the error is "CRRRC2301I The <repositoryName> repository is not available" (substitute in your repository connection.

When clicking the green "Open" button to see the repository and it's projects, the error in the dropdown is "CRRRC2295E The repository connection failed for <repositoryName>."

I am a member of our "RRC Admins" LDAP group, and I have no problems.

We believe the configuration in web.xml was done correctly...we mapped "RRC Users" to both JazzGuests and JazzUsers. We mapped "RRC Admins" to both JazzAdmins and JazzDWAdmins.

a) Thoughts on where the problem comes from?
b) I can't find a way to troubleshoot this, and would love a log or something to look at. Is there something I can look at?

2 answers

permanent link
David Moss (171156) | answered Mar 12 '10, 10:24 a.m.
Update on this issue: it seems to be related to case sensitivity. Additional testing has uncovered that another user was able to log in by ensuring they specifically matched the case of the userID listed in the User Management section. Still waiting to hear back from the other users who initially had login problems.

When we completed our LDAP setup for RQM, we set "Use case insensitive user ID matching" to true, and this seems to have worked as expected. We did the same setup on the RRC side, but that setting doesn't seem to be working.

Has anyone else successfully leveraged case insensitive logins with RRC? We require this as unfortunately we don't have consistency in the UPNs of our users across the entire company.

permanent link
David Moss (171156) | answered Mar 12 '10, 1:25 p.m.
Yet another finding: the case-sensitivity problem only happens with the RRC Eclipse client. We've had users try the web client and it appears the case insensitive setting is working on there.

Is there a setting that can be made server side which would then affect the Eclipse client? (Or something that could be done during the install of the Eclipse client?)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.