It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution States Rules

Nataliya Kisina (862115) | asked Mar 09 '10, 4:27 p.m.
Hello,

Where can I find information on the rules used to roll up execution states for each test case into one Actual Result for a test suite?
Say, I had run a Test Suite that had
Script A - Passed
Script B - Failed
Script C - Error

The Actual Result for the Test Suite Execution gets generated to be an Error. Why? What are the rules and logic behind this?

Thanks,

Nataliya

2 answers

permanent link
Nataliya Kisina (862115) | answered Mar 10 '10, 9:14 a.m.
Hello Pratik,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

However, I still have some doubts as your rply is not what happens in reality. Reality being RQM2.0.0.1 ifix3.

First of all, only 5 states are available to be selected during the test case execution (I am talking about Manual Scripts here). Those are:
1-Passed, 2-Inconclusive, 3-Failed, 4-Blocked, 5-Error
in the order of their severity.

Therefore test case only have those 5 states and when the actual test suite results gets genereted it gets it's actual results based on the test case results. So in a case where you have 1 test case blocked and 1 test case errored - your test suite will display the status of Error, not Blocked! I double checked that.

Is there a way to see all states during the execution? And where can I find documention on the severity of the states? Can I change that severity? I know that I can rename all the states in the Admin Properties - are there anything I should be aware of before I rename them? can I change their corresponding icons as well?

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

Nataliya

permanent link
James Paulus (20622135) | answered Oct 11 '11, 1:46 p.m.
I am wondering the same type of thing except I'm looking at the test case results instead in 3.0.1. The verdicts that are available are error, pass, blocked, failed and inconclusive. Is there a way that these can be edited so that they match up with the test case results?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.