It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM iFix4 Update post issue

Peter Lee (61) | asked Mar 09 '10, 3:38 p.m.
Hi There,

I upgraded RQM to iFix4 by following the standard process.

I copied the requestReset command into the browser. Stopped the WASserver and DB2 and did the upgrade through Installation Manager.

After successfully installed, I restarted the server logged in as ADMIN and gave me a critical database server error.

"Error CRJAZ1601 - The database is responding but the jazz database and schema and tables cannot be found. Check the JDBC connection is correct....."

Anything I am missing from the upgrade that I should have done?

Thank you,

Peter

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Mar 10 '10, 5:20 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Peter,
What version of RQM did you update from?
Your JDBC connection info is specified in the file teamserver.properties. Did you verify the content of that file? Any upgrade scenarios that replace that file keep a back-up of your existing file. You need to manually merge in your changed content or swap your original back in.
Regards,
John Nason

Hi There,

I copied the requestReset command into the browser. Stopped the WASserver and DB2 and did the upgrade through Installation Manager.

After successfully installed, I restarted the server logged in as ADMIN and gave me a critical database server error.

"Error CRJAZ1601 - The database is responding but the jazz database and schema and tables cannot be found. Check the JDBC connection is correct....."

Thank you,

Peter

permanent link
Peter Lee (61) | answered Mar 11 '10, 6:20 p.m.
Hi John,

I updated from v2.0.0.1 and I did try to replace the teamserver.properties file with the backup that the upgrade created. Still didn't work.

I am going to double check the JDBC Connection info again.

Peter

Hi Peter,
What version of RQM did you update from?
Your JDBC connection info is specified in the file teamserver.properties. Did you verify the content of that file? Any upgrade scenarios that replace that file keep a back-up of your existing file. You need to manually merge in your changed content or swap your original back in.
Regards,
John Nason

Hi There,

Thank you,

Peter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.