It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to define a requirments baseline for development

eduard erhart (46138) | asked Mar 09 '10, 8:59 a.m.
Hi,

I wonder how to link a specific version of one or more requirements to work-items of an RTC project.

In RRC I can create snapshots and collections containing requirements of a specific version. This gives me a defined requirement baseline in RRC. OK so far.

But I have not found any way to link this requirements in their specific version to RTC work-items.

Whenever I klick on an "implements requirement" link of a work-item in RTC the requirement opens as it's most recent version in RTC. The URL used to show the requirement in the browser has no version information at all.

When playing around with the version time bar in RRC browser the URLs do contain version information. So it would be possible to use the version information. The linkage between the server simply doesn't use it.

So my question is how to link specific versions of requirement to implementation work-items. This is necessary for iterative development where requirement engineering runs shifted in small waves together with development.

If it's not possible all developers have to know which RRC snapshot is relevant for their development iteration. In addition they have to select this snapshot manually from the versions of the related requirement whenever they take a look at it...

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.