It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Tool to take snapshots during test execution?

Hemant Joshi (9111312) | asked Mar 02 '10, 10:51 p.m.
RQM doesnt take the screenprints/snapshot while the test cases are being executed.
Is there any other tool that can take the screen print and can be integrated with RQM?

3 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Mar 03 '10, 7:41 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I recommend getting a snapshot add-on for Firefox.
https://addons.mozilla.org/

You can use your snapshot functionality integrated into the browser to save captures and then add the snapshots as attachments to the Execution Result as you are running your tests.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
John

RQM doesnt take the screenprints/snapshot while the test cases are being executed.
Is there any other tool that can take the screen print and can be integrated with RQM?

permanent link
Hemant Joshi (9111312) | answered Mar 04 '10, 12:47 a.m.
Yes John, this is what we are currently practicing, but we need to save it on local disk each time and then add it as an attachment. An automatic function will help. I must mention Thanks for taking time and responding on my query!

permanent link
Russell Stanley (1623) | answered Mar 17 '10, 2:28 p.m.
Yes John, this is what we are currently practicing, but we need to save it on local disk each time and then add it as an attachment. An automatic function will help. I must mention Thanks for taking time and responding on my query!

Assuming your using Rational Functional Tester (RFT), you do have the capability to capture screens and objects that would then appear in the RFT test log. Simply paste the appropriate code in your script where you want the capture. Graphics are in JPEG format. (All are on one line)

Full Screen Example:
logInfo("Step1 FULL SCREEN capture", getRootTestObject().getScreenSnapshot());

Object Example:
logInfo("Step1 Actual Value", label__2204388170().getScreenSnapshot());

Hope this helps,
Stan...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.