It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC DATABASE STORED ON SINGLE DATABASE WHY????

preetam kulkarni (139298) | asked Mar 02 '10, 7:09 a.m.
can any body tell me the design/structure of RTC Database. why all project areas are stored on a single Database - Jazz.. How the different project areas are stored on database.

3 answers

permanent link
Patrice GIRAUD (113) | answered Jan 15 '15, 8:21 a.m.
Hi,
It is an old question I raised to IBM nearly 2 years ago, have a look to this Jazz WI:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=268236

Bye

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jan 15 '15, 8:29 a.m.
You can create second CCM to have a second DB (but other difficulties). You also pay this with lesser integration between project areas.

On DB side you can create different containers, pools etc. and distribute the containers over disk. So you scale up to terabytes of disk space.

What I'm more missing is the possibility to move a project area from one CCM to another CCM. (or remove it at all from a CCM DB).

cheers
Guido

permanent link
preetam kulkarni (139298) | answered Mar 19 '10, 10:00 a.m.
can any body tell me the design/structure of RTC Database. why all project areas are stored on a single Database - Jazz.. How the different project areas are stored on database.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.