It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I change my roles?

Ying Wang (3123) | asked Oct 26 '12, 1:25 a.m.
converted Oct 26 '12, 1:53 a.m. by David Olsen (5237)
And another question, if I want to change my role, and what I should do? Can the Product Owner change others' role? If so, how?

2 answers

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Oct 26 '12, 2:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Role assignments are changed in the members section of the overview tab of the project area or team area editors, in both the web UI and the Eclipse client.  To change someone's role assignments, you have to be a project administrator or you have to have permission to save the project area or team area.  (There are several specific permissions underneath the more general save.  I assume the permission that you need is "Modify the collection of team members," but I'm not sure if that is only for adding and removing users or if it also applies to changing the roles of existing users.)  You don't have any special permission to change your own roles.  Someone who can change the project area or team area has to do that for you.  (Because if you could change your own roles, you could give yourself lots of extra permissions by adding roles that should be kept restricted.)

Your product owner probably has permission to change your roles.  That's the type of thing that product owners often do.  But it's not guaranteed.  It depends on how your project is configured.

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Nov 07 '12, 6:04 p.m.
Here are the help topics that describe how to assign roles in the web client and the Eclipse client:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_assigning_roles_web.html
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_assign_roles.html

Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.