It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ambiguous component :-import data to Jazz SCM because of the following error

Dhruv Bansal (171315) | asked Aug 29 '14, 5:28 a.m.
Ambiguous selector "Projects" matched multiple items:
Possible matches:
  (1018) "Projects"
  (1019) "Projects"
Problem running 'import ccase':
Could not import data to Jazz SCM because of the following error:
Ambiguous component "Projects".

But when i list components it is showing different UID and not it is allowing me to import through UID.

Pls guide

Comments
Dhruv Bansal commented Aug 29 '14, 5:30 a.m.

Listing components shows below :-

Component:(1018) "test_compi"
Component:(1019) "test_compi"
Component:(1021) "Projects"

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Aug 29 '14, 5:38 a.m.

Hi  Dhruv,
Please show entire command you have attempted to run.

Dhruv Bansal commented Aug 29 '14, 5:43 a.m.

ccc import ccase -d \Views\  -s <Stream> -c Projects -r <Repo link> -u <user> -p <passwd>

ccc import ccase -d \Views\  -s <Stream> -c 1021 -r <Repo link> -u <user> -p <passwd>

scm list component -r <repo link> -v -u <user>

Winston Enos commented Aug 29 '14, 10:12 a.m.

Dhruv Bansal,

At one time did you rename one of the components to 'test_compi' from 'Projects' -after- you ran the ClearCase synchronizer and imported code into it?

I remember when I used the synchronizer in 4.0.3, I tried to rename a component that had already had CC code imported into it (I was trying to re-do the import because I was testing), but the CC Synchronizer stores the component UUID as a share root, even if you rename it, so I wasn't able to do this cleanly and so I dealt with it another way.

If the '1018' 'test_compi' component is causing the ambiguous component name issues, and you really only want to use '1021', then you could try to set component 1018's owner and visibility to another user so you can no longer see it, then try to import again.

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Aug 29 '14, 10:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Enable the option to view the UUID to specify the component you want to load (ie. scm -u y list component ... ). Then try importing again using the UUID. Your command using the alias (1021) should work as well as that explicitly specifies the component. However, I don't know what the ClearCase Synchronizer is doing.

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Aug 31 '14, 11:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you using this in the script? or running manually in the command line? If using in the script always use UUID instead of aliases because aliases are temporary and could be recycled (range 1000 to 9999). 

As Tim mentioned if you have used it immediately after listing the components in the command line it should have worked with the component alias. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.