It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Subtle web.xml differences between 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2

Paul Sims (31513421) | asked Jan 30 '10, 9:10 p.m.
Tonight I updated our server to Version 2.0.0.2 from Version 2.0.0.1 and noticed a couple of changes in web.xml.

The differences are

<set>
<set>

<session>0</session>
<session>360</session>

and

<extension>ico</extension>
<mime>image/vnd.microsoft.icon</mime>
</mime>
<mime>

<extension>cur</extension>
<mime>image/vnd.microsoft.icon</mime>
</mime>
<mime>

Please tell us a bit more about these differences. I assume we should manually update web.xml to implement the changes.

Thanks.

Paul Sims, Agile Development Coach
IBM WebSphere Commerce

3 answers

permanent link
Paul Sims (31513421) | answered Feb 08 '10, 9:06 a.m.
I would appreciate it if a development team member would give us insight into these changes and the recommended action for RTC server administrators. The change must be made manually if it's necessary or recommended.

Thanks.

permanent link
Scott Rich (57136) | answered Feb 08 '10, 9:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The session timeout change is to improve the security of a deployed Jazz application, the timeout of zero meant that sessions never expired, which is not acceptable to some customers.

The second setting is relatively trivial, it was added at the request of another tools team to support serving up cursor files as .cur files. You can see the discussion here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=69786

Hope this help.

Scott

permanent link
Paul Sims (31513421) | answered Feb 08 '10, 10:10 p.m.
That's great! Thanks Scott.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.