It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

log files cannot be zipped by 7zip or Winrar

Andrew Clement (7272473) | asked Oct 14 '15, 5:51 a.m.
I tried to zip up log files under c:\ibm\JazzTeamServer\server\logs with 7zip and Winrar, I found that many log files were not added to the zip file.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Oct 14 '15, 5:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Many log files under the log directory are open for write while CLM server is running.
7 zip or Winrar are not able to backup those files that are open for write.

You can use Windows' built-in zip function by right mouse clicking on logs directory and then select "Send to Compressed (zipped) folder".
Log.zip will be created.

If you are asked by support to collect information, it is recommended to use IBM Support Assistant Data Collector
Andrew Clement selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 14 '15, 6:02 a.m. | edited Oct 14 '15, 6:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The Windows Build in zip is more likely not able to zip files, especially with long file names. In fact, most of the people I know use 7Zip for that reason.

Since the files in the log folder don't have really long names and your path is short, I would also guess it is due to the fact the files are open.

• Make sure to have the server down or copy the files somewhere elseĀ 
  • Or use the diagnostics section in the server administration to download the log files for the server as a zip file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.