It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC build progress monitoring.

Rahul Bhoyar (4653) | asked Jan 21 '10, 2:08 p.m.
Hi,

I am using RTC command line for running the builds. Can anyone pls let me know how can I monitor the progress of my builds in RTC? Currently I can see the build log on RTC only when the build gets completed or it get failed.

I want to see the progress of the build while it is running. Any help will be appreciated.

Thnx,
Rahul

One answer

permanent link
Marcel Kinard (71107) | answered Jan 25 '10, 8:05 p.m.
As fellow RTC user, here is what I've been able to figure out:

- the build log sits in the build server next to the workspace extract while the build is running. It doesn't appear to get attached to the build until the build is done (successful or otherwise). In a pinch, you can logon to the build server and manually look at the file to see where it is. But normally you shouldn't do that.
- you can break up your build into steps. Between each step (if using an Ant script) you can use the startBuildActivity task that will appear as a step in your build. For example, steps for compile, package, test, etc.
- after doing a number of successful builds, the client can show you an estimate of when the build will complete. This appears to be an average of the last few build times, so your mileage may vary.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.