It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions on RTC 3.0 Databases

Geoff Alexander (19623947) | asked Oct 25 '10, 12:40 p.m.
In RTC 2.0, I only had to create one database for the RTC server. But in configuring the RTC 3.0 RC1 server, I find that the RTC server now uses multiple databases. Could someone describe what the various databases are used for?

For the default Derby configuration, there are four databases:

server/conf/ccm/teamserver.properties

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=conf/ccm/derby/repositoryDB
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=conf/ccm/derby/warehouseDB
server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties
com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB

From the DB2 configuration instructions, I see that I need to create three databases: JAZZ, CCM, and DW. However, the commented out DB2 configuration in server/conf/ccm/teamserver.properties and conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB only reference the JAZZ database:

#com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};
#com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};
#com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};
#com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};

I assume that when configuring the RTC server for DB2, I should use the three databases as follows:

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/CCM:user=db2admin;password={password};
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/DW:user=db2admin;password={password};
com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/DW:user=db2admin;password={password};

Also, should I use the same database, DW, for the both the CCM and JTS data warehouse? Or do I need different databases as in the case for Derby?

The DB2 configuration instructions say to run the following scripts to create tables in the JTS and CCM databases:

repotools-jts -createTables -clean

repotools-ccm -createTables -clean

However, there's no mention of a script for creating tables in the DW database. Do I need to do anything to initialize the DW database?

Thanks,
Geoff Alexander

One answer

permanent link
Zac Brosnan (6) | answered Oct 28 '10, 9:36 a.m.
That's an interesting one. I hadn't noticed an issue. Maybe their just messing with our heads :lol:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.