It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRCS 2.0 Re-install Error

Joe Barnes (53145) | asked Jan 06 '10, 8:52 p.m.
Hi All,
I have just uninstalled RRCS 2 and when I went to reinstall it I received the following error:

Error during phase: Error removing intermediate unpacked files at C:\Program Files\IBM\RRCS20\server\cictmp\db.derby_999.999.999.-1609637116\0.

I am now unable to re-install RRC. Oh, and I have about 6 other RATL products that I've installed w/ Installation Manager that would be incredibly painful to remove and then re-install (if I had to discard Installation Manager as part of a fix). Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

6 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jan 07 '10, 1:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Joe,

Can you rename the folder named C:\Rational.Preserve, and try the install again?

permanent link
Joe Barnes (53145) | answered Jan 07 '10, 7:16 a.m.
Hi Joe,

Can you rename the folder named C:\Rational.Preserve, and try the install again?

Hi Ben,
Unfortunately I don't have a "C:\Rational.Preserve" dir. I'm running WinXP if that helps.

Thanks,
Joe

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jan 07 '10, 10:24 a.m.
Are these the same bits you had used to install the server in the past, or did you download them again?

Did you delete the C:\Program Files\IBM\RRCS20 folder before trying the install again?

permanent link
Joe Barnes (53145) | answered Jan 07 '10, 10:46 a.m.
Are these the same bits you had used to install the server in the past, or did you download them again?

Did you delete the C:\Program Files\IBM\RRCS20 folder before trying the install again?

Same bits and yes, I deleted the RRCS20 dir prior to running the install. I also tried installing into a different dir (I think it was RRCS20_v2).

Thanks for looking into this Ben.

- Joe

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jan 08 '10, 2:14 a.m.
Is this server for production, or test? As a last resort (before uninstalling all your apps), you can probably get away with installing the server on one machine, and copying the whole folder (C:\Program Files\IBM\RRCS)to the same location on the machine you're having problems with. Just don't do any configuration to the first install so that there are no hostnames in the config that will prevent the server from starting on the other machine. I ran through this as a test, and it seems to work fine. I wouldn't use this method for anything other than testing in a sandbox environment though, as you will not be able to upgrade or apply any patches that come out in the future (as the application will not be accessible through Installation Manager). Hope it helps!

permanent link
Joe Barnes (53145) | answered Jan 08 '10, 9:00 a.m.
Is this server for production, or test? As a last resort (before uninstalling all your apps), you can probably get away with installing the server on one machine, and copying the whole folder (C:\Program Files\IBM\RRCS)to the same location on the machine you're having problems with. Just don't do any configuration to the first install so that there are no hostnames in the config that will prevent the server from starting on the other machine. I ran through this as a test, and it seems to work fine. I wouldn't use this method for anything other than testing in a sandbox environment though, as you will not be able to upgrade or apply any patches that come out in the future (as the application will not be accessible through Installation Manager). Hope it helps!

It is a sandbox environment that this is occurring in. I'll give it a shot, thanks again for all of your help Ben.

- Joe

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.