It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CSV import difficulty with Timeline

Travis Pouarz (11111) | asked Jan 06 '10, 2:08 p.m.
First, I should mention that I'm new to RTC. I'm using the 2.0.0.2 client. I believe the Project was setup to use the Scrum process.

I'm trying to import and create Tasks from items in a bug-tracker from which we're migrating away. I've got the data in a CSV file ready for import. On a Test Project, the import worked fine. In the real thing, I'm having trouble though.

My server admin says that the CSV importer reports this error: Iteration Release 1.0 is archived, but its child iteration Release 13.1 is not.

I realize that that's probably a result of my trying to setup my project's timeline to define a Release 13.1 and Release 14.1. When I look at the Project Area config, those releases appear to be siblings of Release 1.0. And I think I "Deleted" 1.0 which makes it archived (apparently) and I don't see a way to undo that. But I don't see the parent/child relationship that the error message is talking about.

I took a screenshot of the timeline: http://ziphstric.com/tmp/rtc-dev-timeling.png

Any hints on how I can resolve this would be very much appreciated.

11 answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | answered Jan 16 '12, 3:03 p.m.

It looks the export creates Planned For with the display name and import requires Planned For to be the Identifier, is this correct. Is there a way around this?

If you export with the Eclipse client you can choose to export the Iteration ID instead the Display name. With the WEB Client I did not see how to get the ID.

The Importer needs the ID, otherwise it creats the Iteration.

regards
Guido

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.