It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Confused on sharing work item queries

James Leone (13613513) | asked Jul 14 '10, 11:04 a.m.
I have created a query that shows all open Epics for a defined Team Area. I don't know specifically why, but that query currently exists in the Shared Queries > Predefined folder.

First question, how do I manage the folders that contain the work item queries and how do I move queries from one folder to the next?

I would like to have the team's dashboard include a viewlet that lists out the work items returned by this query. When I open that teams dashboard, I am able to add a Work Item viewlet no problem. Then I am supposed to specify the query that viewlet runs (this makes sense). When I select to do that (I am using the web interface), I get a dialog titled "Work Item Queries" and there is a drop down next to "Show Queries For:" The area listing the actual queries is blank. The drop down lists the team name and the parent Project.

Since this query in question is specifically for that team, I would like this query to appear in the list of queries when the team is selected in the drop down.

How are queries associated with Teams so that they are appropriately organized and I can access them in this way?

I must be missing something fundamental about how queries are managed, shared, and organized. I understand how to created them.

Can you point me to something the fills in the blanks?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jul 16 '10, 4:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi James,

on the Detail tab you can share with the project (shows as predefined) team(s) - shows up as in the team - and individual users.

You should see the queries in the teams you shared them with.

Hope this helps,

Ralph

I have created a query that shows all open Epics for a defined Team Area. I don't know specifically why, but that query currently exists in the Shared Queries > Predefined folder.

First question, how do I manage the folders that contain the work item queries and how do I move queries from one folder to the next?

I would like to have the team's dashboard include a viewlet that lists out the work items returned by this query. When I open that teams dashboard, I am able to add a Work Item viewlet no problem. Then I am supposed to specify the query that viewlet runs (this makes sense). When I select to do that (I am using the web interface), I get a dialog titled "Work Item Queries" and there is a drop down next to "Show Queries For:" The area listing the actual queries is blank. The drop down lists the team name and the parent Project.

Since this query in question is specifically for that team, I would like this query to appear in the list of queries when the team is selected in the drop down.

How are queries associated with Teams so that they are appropriately organized and I can access them in this way?

I must be missing something fundamental about how queries are managed, shared, and organized. I understand how to created them.

Can you point me to something the fills in the blanks?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.