It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Sharepoint Integration?

Martin Knoll (531512) | asked Mar 16 '11, 10:49 a.m.
closed Dec 08 '16, 5:44 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
I am looking for the integration between RTC 3.x and Sharepoint.

I found the following statement on the IBM website
Mainsoft Document Collaboration for Rational Jazz has been withdrawn from marketing. Technical support continues to be available.

Are there any plans to build the integration between RTC 3.x and Sharepoint?

Thanks in advance
Martin

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by rschoon Dec 08 '16, 5:44 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Richard Knaster (23817) | answered Aug 12 '11, 1:27 a.m.
Hi Martin:

Some potential workarounds for the Sharepoint Integration. Neither are perfect but satisfies most of my client's needs:

- Use links on a Work Item and create a URL link to the document on the Sharepoint Server. You can also create links within the text fields to any external URL. For example, in the description field of the Work Item, in the Notes section of a plan, etc.

- Create a Sharepoint Tab on the Team or Project Dashboard and add the "External Content Widget" to display the Sharepoint files. You will have full functionality and access to the Sharepoint server from within the widget. I recommend setting the vertical length to "1000".

For Defects, I advise my clients to directly attach screenshots, logs, etc. All other documents continue to be stored on Sharepoint.

- Richard Knaster
IBM WW Practice Manager, RTC & Agile
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Scott Crouch (48532326) | answered Apr 07 '11, 7:02 p.m.
Any update or info on this?

permanent link
Oliver Wilkes (6) | answered Jun 24 '11, 5:28 a.m.
Any update or info on this?

I would also like to know - need to be able to access documents stored in RTC from SharePoint.

Thanks.

permanent link
Danny Beerens (801827) | answered Dec 08 '16, 4:49 a.m.