It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

EWM 7.1 trial project disappeared

Nicola Quinn (16123) | asked Sep 14, 12:34 p.m.

Hello,

Not sure who to contact regarding the Trial software.  If there is a better way, please let me know!

1. Sandbox02 project disappeared.
A notice on Sandbox02 site said it was being upgraded and provided a date to return.
When I try to access after the upgrade I get the 'project' does not exist.
CSMDProject  -- is it deleted or is there a new way to login?

2. The 7.1 site is being updated to new milestones regularly.  The eclipse client is not keeping up.  
As soon as the eclipse client for 7.1.10 was released the site was updated to milestone 11. 
Is this expected?

If anyone knows where to submit issues / feedback for the 7.1 trial, please let me know!

Regards,

Nicola Quinn

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 16, 6:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure what the ask is.

https://jazz.net/products/sandbox/ is the trials page and it shows the options for a 7.0.3 trial and a 7.1 trial. The 7.1 trial is maintained at the latest milestone build. The trials page mentions that projects might disappear. You can still download and install a local evaluation if you desire.

I don't understand the question about the Eclipse client. If you install an Eclipse client and the server gets upgraded, you would have to install a new client, in case you wanted it to keep up. The download is available on Jazz.net.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.6k217) | answered Sep 16, 7:49 p.m.
This is expected behaviour. In the directions for the trial sandbox they state that it gets upgraded roughly every three months with the latest and all projects are wiped at that time. From the main page where you access the trial sandbox:

"Project data is not backed up and is periodically deleted. Use the trial environment for evaluation purposes and test data only. The performance, functionality, and availability of the trial may not be indicative of the production environment."

Milestones will get listed but there is a slight lag - are you sure that M11 client doesn't work? That seems weird.

It may be worth your while dropping back to the 7.0.3 release sandbox if want a level of stability
Nicola Quinn selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nicola Quinn commented Sep 17, 12:00 p.m.

Thanks for the response. The project had survived numerous Milestone updates so I wasn't expecting it.

I am testing 7.1 because it will soon be released.
No, an older client cannot connect to a newer site.  Eclipse M11 cannot access M12 site.

regards,
Nicola

Davyd Norris commented Sep 17, 7:00 p.m.
Is it giving you version errors? What's the actual error you're getting?

I suspect that would be the reason they wiped the data, but it's also a semi regular thing they do in order to keep the junk projects from building up. People can do almost anything they like in the sandbox except full on server admin, and there's a lot of project area that end up abandoned.

Nicola Quinn commented Sep 18, 1:48 p.m.

Eclipse message =

'Your client is version 7.1.0M11 and the server is 7.1.0M12. These versions are not compatible.'
Thanks for the responses, started a new 7.1 trial!
Nicola

One other answer

permanent link
Nicola Quinn (16123) | answered Sep 16, 11:44 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for responding, apologies for the confusion.
  1. I had an active 7.1.11 project (https://jazz.net/sandbox02-ccm/web/projects/CSMDProject%20%28Change%20and%20Architecture%20Management%29#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard)
    After the site was upgraded to Milestone 12 my project is not listed.  The message is
    'Error!The project specified does not exist or is not accessible with your credentials.

2. The downloads site does not include Milestone 12 software. 
    https://jazz.net/downloads/workflow-management
    The Eclipse client is not available for the matching Project site.  

Hope this clarifies my issues.

Regards,
Nicola

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.