It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Example of extracting an RTC custom attribute (of Contributor type) using RPE

Seth Kromholz (11) | asked Aug 24 '22, 9:50 p.m.

I see the question of how to extract a Contributor custom attribute using RPE has been asked here:  https://jazz.net/forum/questions/141007/rational-publishing-engine-rtc-contributor-custom-attributes

However this is not enough for me.  Can someone post an example of how this is actually done?  Custom attributes of Contributor type do not seem to behave like other custom attributes of RTC work items.

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Aug 28 '22, 2:13 a.m.

You can use either workitem/workItem/itemExtensions or workitem/workItem/allExtensions query. If you are using workitem/workItem/itemExtensions query, workitem/workItem/itemExtensions/value/itemId will give the itemId for the contributor, that can be used in the (native) filter for the 2nd request. For the Data Source Configuration, you can set URI property that evaluates to https://server:port/ccm/rpt/repository/foundation

You can find the screen grab of template in the following discussion thread: 

Comments
Seth Kromholz commented Aug 30 '22, 5:35 p.m.
Subramanya,

My coworkers who have used RPE and I have tried going through that article multiple times for many hours, and we still cannot get it to work.  The foundation data source simply never contains any data.  We are on RTC 6.0.6.1.

Can you provide a downloadable template where extracting contributors is working?

Thanks,
Seth

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Aug 31 '22, 1:26 p.m.

Hi Seth,

You can refer the sample template I had created here

Seth Kromholz commented Sep 06 '22, 3:35 p.m.

"This shared file or folder link has been removed or is unavailable to you."

Seth Kromholz commented Sep 06 '22, 3:37 p.m.
Could you email it to seth.kromholz@gd-ms.com maybe?
Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.