It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reusing Test Scripts?

Fabiano Pereira (1165) | asked Dec 17 '09, 11:14 a.m.
Hi all,

is there a way to reuse test scripts in a easier way than snapshots and the Test Case Design? I was trying to find a simple "Copy Test Script" function but couldn't find in the version I'm using, v2.0.1.
If anybody there has any suggestion on how to improve the test case reuse process, I'd be glad.

Thanks,
Fabiano

2 answers

permanent link
David Moss (171156) | answered Dec 17 '09, 12:54 p.m.
Hi all,

is there a way to reuse test scripts in a easier way than snapshots and the Test Case Design? I was trying to find a simple "Copy Test Script" function but couldn't find in the version I'm using, v2.0.1.
If anybody there has any suggestion on how to improve the test case reuse process, I'd be glad.

Thanks,
Fabiano

If you are looking to copy test scripts and cases, the RQMCopyUtility may accomplish that for you. I believe it will do a "deep copy" of an entity, so if you copy a test case which includes link to test scripts, it should create a copy with the same links, essentially reusing your test scripts.

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 23 '09, 2:18 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Correct - the RQMCopyUtility (command line application available on "all downloads") is currently the only way to achieve what you're looking for.
I assume you meant to say that you're on 2.0.0.1, not 2.0.1. 2.0.1 will be out in March and will include copy functionality directly in the UI. Keep an eye out.
Regards,
John

Hi all,

Thanks,
Fabiano

If you are looking to copy test scripts and cases, the RQMCopyUtility may accomplish that for you. I believe it will do a "deep copy" of an entity, so if you copy a test case which includes link to test scripts, it should create a copy with the same links, essentially reusing your test scripts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.