It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can not 'Add Value' to test case/script and save changes.

David Landry (2347) | asked Jul 31 '14, 9:14 a.m.
In RQM 4.0.6 in the 'Manage Project Properties' area.

I can create category values, and sub categories, but when I try to use the 'Add values' feature to reuse values (ie: use existing values from a different category, or reuse test case values under a test script category, there is no way to directly save the changes

While the 'Add Values' does not enable the 'Save' feature on top level categories in either the Test Case or Test Script section, if you have sub Categories then the 'Edit SubCategory Values' will perform a similar function and enable the 'Save' button so changes can be saved.

In situations where I try to 'Add Value' at the top level the value will be added to the list, but the 'Save' buttin is not enabled and I can not save the change.

I can create and delete a 'bogus' value after I use the 'Add Category' feature which then enables the save button, but that's very inconvenient.

To reproduct:

Go to the 'Manage Project Properties' page
Select 'Test Case Categories'
Create two values
Create a sub category on those values
Create a couple of values in one of the categories
save your changes
Go to the second category and attempt to use the 'Add Value' to add a value from the first sub category
Observe that when you 'Add' the values the 'Save' button is not enabled and you can not save the 'Added' values.

One answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Jul 31 '14, 1:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi David,

Looks like you are running into a defect which is fixed in 5.0.
See -- https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=103751

-Vidya

Comments
David Landry commented Aug 26 '14, 11:21 a.m.

Anyone know of a fix for version 4.0.6? Upgrading is not an alternative at this time. 

Donald Nong commented Aug 26 '14, 11:34 p.m.

A workaround is mentioned in the linked work item.
1. Click the menu icon of the "Values" box and choose "Show all values".
2. (Scroll down if necessary to) locate the value of choice.
3. Drag the value and drop it on to the intended category.
The "Save" button is enabled this way.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.