It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we have optional reviewer in RQM?

Ji Yu (81117) | asked Dec 17 '09, 4:48 a.m.
Can we have optional reviewer in RQM? Such that test cases can move into approved state even if the optional reviewer doesn't take any action.

I tested in RQM 2.0, looks like i can not do that. It will tell me "Cannot change to the Approved state while there are still approvals pending in the Formal Review section."

Is it possible to do that in current release, or it will be available in future release?

3 answers

permanent link
Ji Yu (81117) | answered Dec 21 '09, 4:30 a.m.
Anyone can take a look my question?

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 23 '09, 2:37 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
We don't have this functionality currently and as far as I know nothing in plan.
What exactly would you be using the "optional reviewer" for? Would your needs be met with something like the "Subscriber" model of workitems? I mention that because having a reviewer that is not tied into the statefulness of the record seems more like a notification mechanism to me.
Regards,
John

Can we have optional reviewer in RQM? Such that test cases can move into approved state even if the optional reviewer doesn't take any action.

I tested in RQM 2.0, looks like i can not do that. It will tell me "Cannot change to the Approved state while there are still approvals pending in the Formal Review section."

Is it possible to do that in current release, or it will be available in future release?

permanent link
Ji Yu (81117) | answered Dec 24 '09, 4:36 a.m.
Hi John:

Thank you very much for your reply.

In our project, usually the component leader/developers and test architect will be test case reviewers. Component leader,test architect and the key developer of the function will be mandatory reviewers. Other developers will be the optional reviewers which means they can review test case,provide comments, but even they don't do that or do that in time, the test case still will be approved by mandatory reviewers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.