It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Importer: Running Import More than Once Removes Custom section not in Config file.

Matthew Chin (213) | asked Jan 24 '19, 11:58 a.m.

In RQM I've set a Custom Plan Template to be the default plan template. It Contains a Custom Section (Information)

Using the importer I create a new Test Plan (ex.TestPlan1) and it imports successfully using the custom Template as it's base. Now the custom section Information is not mentioned or part of the config file, but it is present which is desired.

I run the importer again to overwrite/append the Testplan, refreshing the Test Plan the custom section information is removed from the list of sections. 

Why does my custom section get removed after the second run of the import?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Jan 25 '19, 12:25 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Matthew,

It should not remove the created custom section as long as your configuration file have the custom section defined. 

Have you got the custom section removed in your configuration file in your second run? If you have removed the custom section from configuration file on second run then it will remove the section, in this case Excel importer doesn't support the partial update and it assumes that you no longer need the custom section and it removes it.

Regards,
Mehul

Matthew Chin selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.