It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Suite feature: looping and stop on failure

James DeVries (1174) | asked Dec 16 '09, 11:39 a.m.
I was wondering if the following is possible with current releases of RQM, if it is something in plan or if I should open an enhancement request.

1. Looping over test cases in a test suite

With automated tests I have situations where I need to run a group of tests for a specific number of iterations.

For example: I have three test cases: A,B,C. I add them to a test suite in that order because the complete test execution requires that they run in order. If I run the test suite once I complete one iteration.

What I'm looking for is a way to tell the test suite to run a specific number of times. I know it would be possible to just repeatedly add the test cases to the test suite (ex: A,B,C,A,B,C...) but a more elegant solution is desired if there is a large number of test cases or iterations needed.

2. Stop on failure when executing a Test Suite in serially

When I run a test suite serially it will continue to run test cases even after a test case fails. I would like to be able to set a parameter that says the suite should stop executing after a test fails. This would be useful in the case where a test case has a dependency on a previous test case passing.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Madalina Tivis (3674) | answered May 03 '10, 5:51 p.m.
Does anyone know the answer to this question? We would also like the option to stop test suite execution if a test case fails. We are currently at RQM version 2.0.1, and I still do not think this is possible. Is there an enhancement request for this?

Thanks,
Madalina

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 03 '10, 10:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For the enhancement to stop a suite once a test case has failed, please add your comments to enhancement 31791.

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=31791

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.