It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to update executionresult state with REST api in ETM 7.0.3

Jinghui Song (111) | asked Dec 26 '23, 12:23 p.m.
edited Jan 02, 12:34 p.m.

Hi all,

I am using the ETM Reportable REST api (RQM REST api) to update the execution result state. However, when I am using PUT api to update the field  <ns6:state>com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.failed</ns6:state> it shows Error400 AQXEX5065E The execution state"com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.failed" is not valid. the other state like com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.passed are also shown as invalid

I noticed that the change log from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 says From 7.0.2 iFix009 onwards, the result state ID is only allowed to modify the state according to the schema. The display name of the result state is not allowed for the value. But all the state identifier I tried are returned as staled.

Is there any way I can update the executionresult state?

update:
the header I used is 
'''
headers = {"Content-Type":"application/xml", "Referer":"https://elm.outrider.ai:443/qm"} 
response = requests.put(url=resourceUrl, data=data_in_xml, headers={ headers, self.auth_headers})
'''
data_in_xml is the xml PULL response I get from the exisiting  resource with all ready-only tags filtered out, and only state tag modified.
All other not ready-only tags in xml file can be updated except this state tag

Version: IBM Engineering Test Management Version: 7.0.3

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 02, 3:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is simply not enough information to even start to try to answer. Which API is used? OSLC? Reportable REST? Which method? Which URL, which headers and additional parameters?

Jinghui Song commented Jan 02, 12:05 p.m.

Hi Ralph, thanks for your response. I am using Reportable REST API. I am using PUT method to update the resource of executionresult, the URL I used to test is <myintegrationUrl>/resources/JKE+Banking+%28Quality+Management%29/executionresult/urn:com.ibm.rqm:executionresult:100

the headers is  {"Content-Type":"application/xml", "Referer":"https://elm.outrider.ai:443/qm"}.
I am following the tips here to update the field state by first Read the existing resource as XML with abbreviate=false. then filter out all the read only tags. Then modify the state tag. I am able to update all the other tags like title, weight, details etc, only the state tag cannot be filled in any state id  listed in the schema

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 03, 2:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is beyond my experience, sorry. Please bookmark https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding

From 7.0.2 iFix009 onwards, the result state ID is only allowed to modify the state according to the schema. The display name of the result state is not allowed for the value.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.